Is it possible to fix these alias mesh errors, if so, how do I fix them?

Od19

I uploaded a custom DL500 - Single cab locomotive into TRS 19, the locomotive was customized in paintshed, then saved to trs 2004 and then imported into TRS 19. Now it's giving me alias mesh errors and the locomotive was marked faulty. Here's a screenshot of the errors: https://imgur.com/a/w8kGJLp

Those are typical of the legacy loco errors and can be fixed using PEVS tools. Don't have link to them. Perhaps someone else does?

The .pm mesh was superseded by the .im mesh eons ago. Must be converted. Also you need to create a thumbnail and include it in the config file. In fact the config file needs updating in its entirety.

If you'd like I'll try and fix it for you. Just put a dropbox link to your loco's .cdp in this thread and I'll download it. Unless there's something really screwy about it I'll fix it and dropbox it back to you.

Cheers

As a general term, the models made with paintshed in Trainz 2004 are not suitable for higher versions.

You have to change the pm meshes of the original to im meshes, (you need an application to do it) then put them in a mesh table in the config.tex and do the same with the alias.
It is not an easy job if you are not familiar with how meshes work and with config.tex and their handling and other changes.

It is not worth using old models before 2004 with trainz2019 of the alias type, it has a lot of work and little visual reward, although this is just a personal opinion.

Here's the link to PEV's tools.

PevSoft Trainz Tools | Shane's Trainz Information and Tutorial Site (shaneturner.co.uk)

You will need to use PM2IM for this.

The final output will create .im meshes out of the .pm meshes. You will then need to edit or create a mesh-table.

Here's an example you can use. Substitute the names to work with your assets.

Code:
mesh-table
{
  {
    mesh                                "gp9 high hood undec_body/gp9 high hood undec_body.im"
    auto-create                         1
  }

shadow
  {
    mesh                                "gp9 high hood undec_body/shadow.im"
  }
}

What is the kuid number of the loco? It may be on the N3V Faulty Assets List.

If so the CRG will be getting around to fixing it at some point. We can ask them to move it to the top of the list.

Cheers

What is the kuid number of the loco? It may be on the N3V Faulty Assets List.

If so the CRG will be getting around to fixing it at some point. We can ask them to move it to the top of the list.

Cheers

No you can't as it involves kuid- assets

If you look at the error message you can get the kuids of the alias, problem is with <kuid:-10:188> and dependency <kuid-1:101472> neither of which CRG can touch.

<kuid:-10:188> has pm meshes Changing to im fixing the uniform textures adding mesh table bogey etc using assetX, asset still wouldn't load as there is an error with the main.bmp file, opening in irfanview and then saving it, solves that which then leads on to a faulty dependency <kuid-1:101472> Gen DL500 which is stuffed full of pm files and is faulty. In TRS19 the faulty version has been obsoleted by <kuid:-25:1340> F7 Cabin TRS19 - LHD/KPH it's a 4.6 build. <kuid:-25:1165> Gen DL500 mph rhd appears to be OK if need an older version so could maybe substitute it substitute it for the faulty one. As it appears to be using the F7 cab I would imagine any of them would work.

Last edited:
That DL500 affects a lot of content such as many of the Australian locomotives and even some North American ones. Every time I do a fresh install and rebuild the database, I have to delete that, and a bunch of assets associated with it and download them all again.

I have single cab and double cab DL500, both from paintshed, double cab works fine after having to update dependencies, but, single cab is the one I'm having trouble with, do they use different meshes?

That DL500 affects a lot of content such as many of the Australian locomotives and even some North American ones. Every time I do a fresh install and rebuild the database, I have to delete that, and a bunch of assets associated with it and download them all again.

Things are never as complicated as they initially seem.

For <kuid:-10:10:188>

Delete it and it's dependencies, clear out the Internet/cache folder and download it again, the new cab will be installed.

And this is in TRS19 Mesh Preview

The OP can of course the fix the pm issues and run it through AssetX to add the mesh table bogey thumbnail etc. However it now is working as it is by just deleting and downloading it all again.

Last edited:
Back