How good is the last build of 2019 ?

I just imported the Cumberland to Connelsville route into 2019 and I have a very complicated session but I wanted to add the session rule= "Junction Derailment Prevention" because, in the session I do a lot of switching and I often trip over a turnout that is in the wrong position.

It seems that just the saving of the session with this minor addition has broken many paths. I have about 10 AI that emit immediately with the help of CPC and they do emit but most now derail at the opening of the portal and at least one sits there saying there is no path to destination.

I did have enough smarts to save under a new name, so I didn't loose my original session and it seems to work ok but it looks like I can not make any more changes to it.

I see in this forum that people are still talking about problems so I am reluctant to update which I am asked to do every time I launch 2019. I am in build 111951 now and I guess the only smart thing to do is get another large hard drive and start a collection of builds that I can fall back on when they create a worse build! I guess I'm talking here mostly about 2022 but since I'm in a build that is not the last, it may help me with 2019.

I don't blame Tony but I seem to come up with problems that few have and a common comment that I get is: " This is the first time I've heard of an issue....."

I suppose that there are a lot of people who sit back waiting for someone with connections to N3V to recognize a problem that knows how to get something done about it. I know that I have done that!

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko

I think the last version, SP5 117009 is by far the best. If you have routes in SP2,3 and 4, when you update them to SP5 and beyond some tracks may get messed up that are conected to fixed objects like industries where the signals and juctions go to the opposite side of the track spline. If you add some spline joints near the fixed track object and reset the trackside objects to thier original spots, pretty much that's it. It's pretty much rock solid from there. It's worth the effort to upgrade. Also, I see no issues going from there to TRS22.

Again, just my opinion

Can you see my point of frustration?

I think the last version, SP5 117009 is by far the best. If you have routes in SP2,3 and 4, when you update them to SP5 and beyond some tracks may get messed up that are conected to fixed objects like industries where the signals and juctions go to the opposite side of the track spline. If you add some spline joints near the fixed track object and reset the trackside objects to thier original spots, pretty much that's it. It's pretty much rock solid from there. It's worth the effort to upgrade. Also, I see no issues going from there to TRS22.

Again, just my opinion

This seems like good information but consider this:

I import a route and session and I drive it and every thing in it is working OK but as I drive I think of more AI traffic I can add to the session and I go and set up some AI and save. BUT,​ when I go to drive with the new changes a bunch of paths are broken again and I have to go tug and pull on the junctions to make them connect again but guess what.......... I then have to save and from my experience the act of saving breaks paths!!!!!!!!

SO, is this a solution or is it not??

Wild Willy the Wacko

See this in my first post:

You might try cloning the route and session. Don't know if that would fix it, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

"I did have enough smarts to save under a new name, so I didn't loose my original session and it seems to work ok but it looks like I can not make any more changes to it."

Isn't this what we call cloning? And, what did it get me???

Wild Willy the Wacko

Cloning is creating a new copy of the asset with your KUID. Using content manager, select the map/asset and then click clone under Content. A new screen will show "successfully cloned". Right click that line and select "Submit Edits". You now have a copy of the map/asset that you should be able to do anything you want to it.

Again, just my opinion

The main problem with going from trs19 to trs22 is that a whole lot of kuids are rejected. This would be fine if they were replaced with new ones, but there are so many useful assets that still have low numbered kuids and that have no new equivalents.

The main problem with going from trs19 to trs22 is that a whole lot of kuids are rejected. This would be fine if they were replaced with new ones, but there are so many useful assets that still have low numbered kuids and that have no new equivalents.

Please provide the list. This sounds like you may not have installed all the content you had installed in TRS19.

Back