Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screenshots of industries or farms you have created from individual pieces on the DLS

Deleted by EM
    Last edited by euromodeller; June 23rd, 2022 at 11:30 AM.

Member of TCWW & Trainz.de

The British Steel Corporation's Penween Works

(Replaced the ECC Penween site from Duchy Days with a custom /DLS asset based/ built steel mill)

Last edited by HoggerDrew; June 23rd, 2022 at 12:02 AM.
    Modelling the Kick & Push, one spike at a time

Gosh. I don't know where to start.

This is from Rivercide, two versions are on the Download Station, one electrified, the other not:

Krashnburne, also on the Download Station:

Port Loteta, also ... :

They are all fully functioning model railroads, with sessions too.

Phil
    Last edited by philskene; June 23rd, 2022 at 02:47 AM.

United States of America, Arkansas, Harrison

Just a gentle reminder to everyone that screenshots of specific rail industries and farms that you have put together from individual pieces on the DLS are what we are looking for here. See my original post for full details on what is supposed to be posted here and why.

Bob
    Master Sergeant/E8, U.S. Army, Retired (1972-1993)

Examples of larger industries:

Coal export port

container port

Or a feed mill

or smaller ones along the route

This is a prototype farm I built in T:ANE as part of the INPR railroad. The real farm is north of the town of Cascade, Idaho. There is a lot of detail that doesn't show in the screenshot, even after lowering the gamma a bit, and as you can see, all the work I put into the creek areas went south with SP 4 and TS2019. I can find no way to lower the creeks back down as the spline points settle either are high or low, not flush. I have not continued work on this since. I have worked a little on the south end around Boise, but still fear a new version scrambling what I spend too many hours on.
    Last edited by Forester1; June 25th, 2022 at 07:36 PM.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

EDIT from above (how do you edit BELOW a picture?) Well, here I am delightfully surprised to go back to TS19SP5 and find my issue is cured! And the lighting is a whole lot better as well!. I may just get back to work on this, there is a large modern log mill operation waiting to be built at the south end of town. If I can get that looking decent, I will post it here.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

Great screenshots!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Gosh. I don't know where to start.

This is from Rivercide, two versions are on the Download Station, one electrified, the other not:
    Phil
    Phil, these pictures are wonderfull !

Michel

United States of America, New York, Albany

Here's a good sized grain mill. It has tracks servicing it on two sides. To the left under a canopy and on the right by the main tracks.

The mill needs plenty of space to store trucks and also would need fueling and repair facilities.

I have other industries I plan to share. I just need to get screenshots organized.

Some of the others I have include:

- Sand facility
    - refinery
    - post office
    - paper mill
    - scrap yard
    - industrial park
    - aggregate mine
    - transload / farm supply dealer
    - John deere Factory

Cheers
    Walter
    Last edited by whamm0; July 2nd, 2022 at 10:16 AM.

United States of America, New York, Albany

One more for now. A smaller sand facility served by a nearby transload operation (seen in the left upper corner of the second shot)

May need to alter the transload a bit. Research shows that the trucks would dump from the side of the conveyors not the end. I also saw that sometimes a grate from beneath feeds into the conveyor from larger eighteen wheeler dump trucks but those usually are more permanent setups than what I was going for.

Cheers
    Walter

Here is a thought folks for all those great industry/farm complex makers out there who have Surveyor 2.0. Consider making a "scrapbook" item for that industry/farm, and then upload it to the DLS. This way anyone out there who has Surveyor 2.0 can import your industry/farm lock-stock-and-barrel into their own route creations exactly as you have made it.

As an example of a scrapbook item I have already uploaded a couple of those myself, although they are not industries/farms, and you can find them on the DLS:

<kuid:439337:108436> Supermarket_1950s
    <kuid:439337:108277> SAP_Drive_In_Movie_Theater

I would love to see some of the industries/farms I have seen in this thread done as scrapbook items.

Don't know how to do this? See my tutorial at:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...others-can-use

Bob