Builds for Macs. Dev settings.

olblucat

I am totally confused by all the discussions on Builds. I am on a Mac, Gold Membership and Trainz Plus, with Trainz 19, build 116960 and Trainz 22, build 115635. Both are shown as the latest in each launcher!. Am I up to date?

I have a warning sign on my Tr 19 that says I have a Dev setting on? I have no idea of where that setting can be. I have gone thru all Menu options both in the task bar and on the survivor page. It does not seem to affect the game.

I have a hard time with acronyms and number sequences since a stroke so apologies for all of this! :confused:, :D

I can't help you with the Mac builds, but the warnings on the Dev settings needs to be addressed, otherwise you'll run into compatibility issues. Settings should be Dev tab in Trainz Settings are:

Daily backups to keep: 7 (you can decrease this to suit).

Time Scaling: 100% (You can change this if you want, but most of us don't)

Mandatory:

Compatibility mod: Maximise compatibility. ---- Anything else will produce that warning message you are getting.

I recommend checking the following box:

Enable advanced debug tools.

This will give you access to the Trainz Util run box which is helpful for various things.

Thanks, John:

My settings in Dev have been changed once since install. I did run logs at one point hunting for a problem. Un-checked all logs now but warning sign persists. Ach , I will leave be for now!

[...] I am on a Mac, Gold Membership and Trainz Plus, with Trainz 19, build 116960 [...]

Are you sure, 116960? My current Mac build Trainz 19 Trainz Plus Beta is 116493, with a 116931 patch available that crashes on installation.

Thus my question of being up to date. I have not seen the 116960 version anywhere but on my Trainz 19 installation. Trainz Plus 22 is set at 115635. I did read somewhere in the forum that Trainz Plus is automatically updated to Trainz 22 Beta?
Round and round I go and never a straight answer!
Of course, being a Mac user, we are far off the beaten path to information!
Otherwise, I am totally locked into this sim!!

Back