Amtrack debuts new Siemens locos on Empire Builder

OMG LOL! This is why we can't have nice things, I guess! Thanks for that Peter! Blue, I had to check my map, because I thought the Empire Builder went down through the Columbia Gorge to Vancouver, Washington, but I see by the route map there is also a branch heading west from Spokane across the North Cascades to Seattle and Everett. You could not go wrong with either route, the Columbia Gorge and the North Cascades are both very scenic, and of course then they come together at Spokane to head through North Idaho, Glacier Park, and the rest of Montana and North Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin to Chicago. It is a ride that is on my bucket list as well!

Last edited:
OMG LOL! This is why we can't have nice things, I guess! Thanks for that Peter! Blue, I had to check my map, because I thought the Empire Builder went down through the Columbia Gorge to Vancouver, Washington, but I see by the route map there is also a branch heading west from Spokane across the North Cascades to Seattle and Everett. You could not go wrong with either route, the Columbia Gorge and the North Cascades are both very scenic, and of course then they come together at Spokane to head through North Idaho, Glacier Park, and the rest of Montana and North Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin to Chicago. It is a ride that is on my bucket list as well!

Thanks for checking that out for me, agree either one of Routes to ride would be a lot of fun to ride. :udrool:

Back