Problem with ATLS and TRS22

Christopher824

CDETrainz.com
I made a couple payware routes (Available on DLC) and wanted to see how they worked. Everything seems fine except the ATLS crossings. I have several that only one crossing arm activates, some neither arm works, and one or two work correctly. The traffic stoppers on the non working side don't work either, so it has something to do with the direction the controller is facing (using the new ATLS Controller/Slave)

I tried most common things, DBR, Restarts, etc, and the fault is still there, can duplicate the problem everytime with the exact same results, not random at all.

The DLC Routes are;

<kuid:647907:100045> Chicago Museum of Science and Industry CDE
<kuid2:647907:100527:4> Florida Rail Road Museum Model Railroad CDE

Testing done with build 115628

Can someone please confirm the problem please

Last edited:
You might want to fix a typo in your post...

But anyway, have you tried the older-style slave? The standalone one that connects to the invisible track. They appear to work okay, from what I saw on my route, so this is something that Mike will have to look at when the time comes.

Thanks John, typos fixed (that was bad)

I can't change anything in the Route, it is on the DLC, they are payware. Plus and above get them in their subscription and are in the Content Store.

As a developer I like to follow things up to make sure my content will still work, and this is a beta, so I'm just checking in so to say. I'm pretty sure it's a beta thing, and boat should not have to modify the script, but I could be wrong.

As I said, just looking to verify that someone else also sees this at this point.

Last edited:
Thanks John, typos fixed (that was bad)

I can't change anything in the Route, it is on the DLC, they are payware. Plus and above get them in their subscription and are in the Content Store.

As a developer I like to follow things up to make sure my content will still work, and this is a beta, so I'm just checking in so to say. I'm pretty sure it's a beta thing, and boat should not have to modify the script, but I could be wrong.

As I said, just looking to verify that someone else also sees this at this point.

Yeah. It's very much a beta thing right now I agree. Let's see how it plays out, but I have a feeling this may need to be addressed. As a developer myself, I too like to ensure all my ducks always remain in a row so I always look my best when I do things. I've always done this regardless of what I do.

It may be a problem with 22 as I have trains that do not react to TM's instantly. I don't think the commands are being acted upon when activated by a train.

This doesn't sound good does it!

I have in the past spent a lot of time sorting things in early versions of Trainz, (Tane pre SP1 as an example) only to find Game Updates sorted most issues. So I will probabaly wait till the 'proper' version of 22 arrives before I panic, (or indeed buy it!).

If it is to do with the direction the Controller/Slave is facing you could try searching in the opposite direction. You can modify it in '?', or at least you can if it's not a Payware Route!!! It searches for a crossing either forward or backwards. Maybe 22 has modified which is true or false for direction searching???

Let's see how it looks as the betas are updated.

Boat

Thanks for the reply Boat,

I'll do some testing today with a new route and TRS22 to see if I can find a real reason it's doing it. The ? settings show all the attached pieces forward and backwards. Ill post back with what I find.

After thinking about it it can't be the forwards or backwards thing because some work correctly, something else is going on.

I did some test by starting a new route. I set a crossing up and it works as normal, but I found this happening..

ATLS3.JPG

ATLS1.JPG

ATLS2.JPG

Notice how it duplicates the traffic stopper in the setup, and it works perfect with it set either way, which you would think it should not.

I also have the same problem with the ATLS controller and slave builtin. Here is a video showing the problem along with settings.
Here is the video: TRS22 2021-12-05 16-00-56-671.mp4

It does look like that if you use the separate ATLS controller and track object slave that it works as normoal as I have an intersection with this setup.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. Apologies for delayed response.

OK, well this is a bit odd. For some reason the first object it sees is being counted twice. It might count every object twice but we can't tell because it's limited to 3 in each direction. (And the 1st object is taking 2 positions)

hiawathamr - Are you sure the separate SlaveTrigger works OK. This is surprising as they use pretty much the same script.

It might be worth testing the setup on a blank board to see if it does the same for both Controller/Slave and Slave Trigger. If you get the same results as we are seeing then maybe test another object which uses 'track search'. If (for example) Vincent's TRC does the same then it's going to be a ticket to N3V. If however only the Controller/Slave has the problem then I'll have to look at it.

However, I am pretty pushed at the moment and I don't really see me having much time or buying TRS22 until at least after Christmas. If the tests show it is just my ControllerSlave I might have time to look at the script at the weekend to see if I can fiddle something.

Boat, (Mike)

boat;1900868 hiawathamr - Are you sure the separate SlaveTrigger works OK. This is surprising as they use pretty much the same script. [/QUOTE said:
After doing more testing and playing around both the combined ATLS slave / controller and the ATLS slave both duplicate the first item before going to the next item.
Just to add more info I save all of the ATLS settings to MAP (been doing this for years now) and when saved only half of the ATLS crossing works (shown in video). When I take it out of MAP mode the entire crossing works as how its supposed to. It looks like Trainz saves the ATLS settings to the route in its 'soup' mode which should work.

The intersection is still in MAP mode and it works without issues but when you put a railroad crossing in MAP mode only half works which is interesting.
I'll post more info as my tests continues.

Cheers

OK, hiawathamr thanks.

I think it might be a good idea to set a basic crossing up on a blank board. If the problem is still there then send a bug report to N3V. I just re-tested everything and both assets work as expected in TRS19 Build 114800.

I've also made a version which will look forward 6 objects. It will be interesting to see if it duplicates all objects or just the first. (I've also doubled the range) If you would like to test a copy drop me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you one.
Won't be for a few days though.

All the best,

Mike

PS - The not saving to map is another issue which I will put onb my list!

Yes I can confirm that it works pefectly in the latest version of TRS19 but not in TRS22 100% correctly. Good news I found a work around so the issue isn't major anymore but when the ability of MAP mode comes back I'll enable it again.

If you are interested I can give it a test run and see if it does it or not.

Cheers

There does seem to be a problem with trains and TM's and commands. My drive via TM causes a train to stop at TM and wait a while before it does the next command. It is acting like it passes a red signal. This delay may be happening with triggers as well in that trainz is failing to read and pass on instructions.

There does seem to be a problem with trains and TM's and commands. My drive via TM causes a train to stop at TM and wait a while before it does the next command. It is acting like it passes a red signal. This delay may be happening with triggers as well in that trainz is failing to read and pass on instructions.

The AI has always taken a split second to change from one command to the next, resulting in a slight decrease in speed when using Drive Via. I haven't seen the AI stopping so please submit a detailed bug report with full details including whether you can get this to occur on a test map (and if so, please submit the test map as well).
Trainz Bug Report

Tony,

Have there been any changes to the way TrackSearch works in TRS22? This ref to the original ATLS question above. TrackSearch now seems to see everything twice.

I've asked Hiawathamr to submit a bug report as I don't have TRS22 yet.

Boat, (Mike)

Hope I am in the right place - everyone here definitely sounds smarter than I am ;) I am using Tane's traffic spline and connecting to the ATLS assets - one way traffic only. Good news - the trigger causes the cars to stop, but once the train passes over the second trigger, the cars stay stopped - its like the gate never open ( no physical gate - just a stopper - tram route ). Thoughts ?? TRS19 build 117009

Chris, I'd see if TRC works any better than ATLS on TRS22. TRC is a heck of a lot easier to set up as well, and it's got some neat things in it too. If it doesn't, I don't know then :hehe:

Chris, I'd see if TRC works any better than ATLS on TRS22. TRC is a heck of a lot easier to set up as well, and it's got some neat things in it too. If it doesn't, I don't know then :hehe:
I’ve tried TRC as well. Doesn’t work either. Is the new build I have not compatible?

The issue I posted about seems to be resolved with new updates. Installed TRS22 build 117300, and TRS19 build 117009. Ran both routes listed in OP and everything seems to work fine now in both builds.

Thank you boat for looking into the problem, and thank you hiawathamr for checking into and bug reporting the issue.

Last edited:
Back