auto numbering glitch

What build-number?

I recommend running a database repair and see if that helps.

111951, and I already did and it doesn't.

ARN was fine yesterday, this morning there was a very long delay on 'Contacting authentication server', my internet connection is utter rubbish, but today was very slow, so my hunch is that something updated which was tested using the "Nah, she'll be right" technique....

Edit: No other content downloaded, installed, mucked around with etc etc since yesterday...

Last edited:
There seems to be a lot of "Nah, she'll be right" used in Trainz. I often find things that worked right one day has a glitch on another day.

Bill69

Auto-numbering not showing - That's a known issue in this current beta - (This 'Texture ordering issue' has now been fixed according to Tony_Hilliam so should be back to normal in the next build.)

Yes, but we're not talking about the beta, we're in the latest release version in which ARN worked up until day before yesterday, at which point it stopped, for multiple users. That's not a glitch, it's a change....

There's an issue with the ARN system if there are too many road numbers on rolling stock. This doesn't affect all installations, but if some rolling stock have too many numbers, it causes the ARN script to shutdown and not display any. I discovered this a while ago with some boxcars by Dave Snow. The range was a bit huge for each one and by limiting the range to about 30 or 40 numbers, I was able to get things to work. I'm not sure if this was ever reported, but given that N3V has put timeout limits on the scripts, the issue makes sense.

I'm glad to see the alpha channel issue resolved in the new build. Let's hope this final version is really final for the time being.

Thanks John, I hadn't downloaded or installed anything new. but I had placed two new items of rolling stock into a session, checking revealed a 10k range on one, and the other specified two groupings of 10k each, plus there were already two other items from the same creator with similar ranges on the route. Doubtless the ranges are prototypically correct, but I have edited all four to a range of 100 of each and all ARN numbers are back.
Truly weird that I had that happen on the day this thread was posted....

Cheers

Andy

Kuid 96914:15506
Installed from the DLS, no errors, no warnings

vehicle-running-numbers
{
running-numbers "503500-513152"
}

Range is 9652, not quite 10k...

:)

Kuid 96914:15506
Installed from the DLS, no errors, no warnings

vehicle-running-numbers
{
running-numbers "503500-513152"
}

Range is 9652, not quite 10k...

:)

Nice! I wasn't so brave when I figured out the problem back then.

Back