problem with route editing

hholdenaz

Lately, whenever I move tracks around in surveyor, this happens:

2021-01-05_2.png

Can somebody please tell me how to fix this issue so the trackside objects move with the track?

Come on, a solution doesn't take two hours to come up! How is it possible for nobody to know an answer?!

Your screenshot is not very clear as to what exactly has not moved with the track or which track you moved. It took me a while to work out what the problem "might be". A picture may contain 1000 words but a description would greatly help. Also the kuids of the track and the alleged object would assist greatly.

Your screenshot is not very clear as to what exactly has not moved with the track or which track you moved. It took me a while to work out what the problem "might be". A picture may contain 1000 words but a description would greatly help. Also the kuids of the track and the alleged object would assist greatly.

what are you talking about?! Have you noticed the buffer?! It’s very clear what’s going on!

No doubt it is very clear to you as you have created the layout and placed everything in the scene but as the screenshot you posted was my very first view it was as "clear as mud" as to what was going on - which is why you should never do your own proof reading. A close-up rather than the wide whole scene view would have been a better choice.

The "buffer", as you call it, is very unfamiliar to me as ours look very different.

But putting all of that aside, the identities (kuids) of the track and "buffer" would be helpful as the problem may turn out to be with them and not Surveyor.

No doubt it is very clear to you as you have created the layout and placed everything in the scene but as the screenshot you posted was my very first view it was as "clear as mud" as to what was going on - which is why you should never do your own proof reading. A close-up rather than the wide whole scene view would have been a better choice.

The "buffer", as you call it, is very unfamiliar to me as ours look very different.

But putting all of that aside, the identities (kuids) of the track and "buffer" would be helpful as the problem may turn out to be with them and not Surveyor.

no it won’t: it happens to all track and all trackside assets, even trackmarks

Well I just ran some tests with track, buffers, trackmarks, signals and speed signs - all of my own choosing - and they all moved with the track without any problems. But I cannot guarantee the same for the trackside assets and track that you are using.

Well try to do more to help: a trackmark moved with the track in a new route but didn't when editing another route! This shouldn't happen: I did a database repair!

Been having trouble with this for a while as John said ( delete missing assets ) even if you don't have any showing
Save exit game and restart
Usually fixes it

Yup. I reported this as a bug during the beta, but was told nothing was wrong. DMA works, which is a good thing, but why does SP2 have a snit over this? The other versions did not.

Back