Planning to buy TRS 2019, few questions

knalewajka

Hello everybody,
I currently have TANE with a bunch of DLCs bought on Steam Store. I am wondering if I buy the TRS 2019 directly from Trainz Store, would I be able to use the DLCs from Steam?
Also, just generally, I know that Tane DLC are compatible with TRS 2019, but if I wanted to use all the goodness of TRS 2019 would I have to just buy them new, or do they auto update?

Thank you for your help!

Hello,

No, you won't be able to use Steam DLC's in a N3V version of the game, as Steam DLC's only goes with Steam versions of Trainz, but not vice versa.
DLC's for the Trainz game in general are created by the community, so it'll depend if that DLC was updated by the author or not. Some have been updated to TRS19 standards, but others haven't yet, so you'll get the TANE version until the TRS19 update comes out (if they decide to do that).

Cheers

Hi Knalewajka
Unfortunately, as Hiawathamr has noted, DLCs purchased through Steam cannot be automatically made available to non Steam versions of Trainz.

However if you do purchase a non Steam version of TRS19 (ie through the Trainz Store, or through a membership), then please contact our helpdesk via the helpdesk button at the top of the forums and we should be able to manually transfer the DLC packs for you. Please note, this can only be done if your Steam version of TANE has your MyTrainz account details in the Trainz Settings, and you have run Trainz with all of your DLC packs installed.

Regards

Back