Faulty assets that can not be fixed

MNIBARI08

Trainz veteran
Since TANE and TS19, older assets are overriding some assets that are in TANE or TS19, when trying to revert or fix it, its no go, so all of us ending up with faulty assets that should not be faulty at all, ending up reinstalling the base games includes dlcs from the start,

younger users tend to put older assets regardless of the consequences of making the base/ built in/ dlcs deps that includes payware become faulty and can not be fix.

I recommend do not use TS12, its small reminder why a lot of deps do not work fully in later versions, It becomes a big habit and it be a hard to brake for TS12 users to understand if you transferred the content to TANE you will start to notice it and there be major problems at the end an less you have created a TANE or above fix, with aurans deps mostly effected by it and they are unfix-able because they are payware, as user to try fix them its impossible.:)

Since TANE and TS19, older assets are overriding some assets that are in TANE or TS19, when trying to revert or fix it, its no go, so all of us ending up with faulty assets that should not be faulty at all, ending up reinstalling the base games includes dlcs from the start,

younger users tend to put older assets regardless of the consequences of making the base/ built in/ dlcs deps that includes payware become faulty and can not be fix.

I recommend do not use TS12, its small reminder why a lot of deps do not work fully in later versions, It becomes a big habit and it be a hard to brake for TS12 users to understand if you transferred the content to TANE you will start to notice it and there be major problems at the end an less you have created a TANE or above fix, with aurans deps mostly effected by it and they are unfix-able because they are payware, as user to try fix them its impossible.:)
I don't see where you are going with this, as older assets do not override assets in TANE or TRS19. From what you have said I think your problem more relates to obsoletes causing faulty assets because they haven't been deleted. To maintain your database properly, download updates from the out of date filter, (built in, payware and modified need to be updated via "view asset versions") delete any obsolete files which result from the downloads, revert anything open for edit and finally run a DBR. Attempting to move payware and built in files to a higher version will only result in a heap of faulties, due to the locked textures. The vast majority of built ins for TS12 are available in both TANE and TRS19 as either built in assets or available from the DLS. The only major compatibility issue from TS12 to TANE and TRS19 is speedtrees to my knowledge.
cheers
Graeme

Back