AJS Turntable

llebrez

On the scripted turntable KUI2:122285:11500:1 . When set to automatic, you drive or instruct a loco to go over it. A bell sounds and the table turns so the loco gets turned around (I only have two stubs each opposite). It works! Now you drive the same or another loco to it to repeat the action. No Go. The table does not move nor the bell clangs and loco sits there forever. Is this a one shot turntable? Obviously I am missing something here...

On the scripted turntable KUI2:122285:11500:1 . When set to automatic, you drive or instruct a loco to go over it. A bell sounds and the table turns so the loco gets turned around (I only have two stubs each opposite). It works! Now you drive the same or another loco to it to repeat the action. No Go. The table does not move nor the bell clangs and loco sits there forever. Is this a one shot turntable? Obviously I am missing something here...

Does it need to be returned to slot zero?

I tried that. Nope. That is a detail of the non-script turntable controlled by the TT command. On that one, after you turn a loco, you have to issue another command to return the table to the original position, so it will work again next time you enter the table. But on the script one, it looks like after a one time around, it does not work again. However, I think that if you save the session, next time you repeat the operation, it works one more time.

I had a look at the script, and added a third stub track. The turntable can detect when a loco stops on the apron, and when the spinner is not aligned to the current stub track it will turn to where the loco is. You can then drive on to the spinner.

At that stage the turntable needs to be manually turned to the desired exit stub. Things get a bit confusing after that because the script seems to want to help but in my case, didn't get it right.

Trevor

Back