white rails or guide rails

tonytony

hello guys
I have just downloaded a route and there are innumerable white tracks which I cannot identify They are not real rail lines, just white lines which indicate where tracks perhaps should be laid
I can delete them but cannot identity them

Puzzled

Tonytony

I have just downloaded a route and there are innumerable white tracks which I cannot identify They are not real rail lines, just white lines which indicate where tracks perhaps should be laid
These are default tracks that get laid when the actual tracks are missing. You need to check the route for missing dependencies and download the correct tracks. This assumes you haven't saved the route - if you have saved it then the default gets inserted as permanent tracks. You might be able to use asset replace to replace them with something more appropriate, but note that you will have to select them for replacing by dragging from the route, as the default tracks do not show in the asset list.

Here's the procedure for replacing the white-splines if you can't find the missing track. I copied this from a post a few years ago and it's still helpful today.

The following information comes via the lead developer for N3V Games.

The dashed white lines isn't "a missing asset" - it's the asset that Trainz turns to when it can't find the asset it is supposed to draw there. These white lines are, in themselves, an asset. You can find this asset in CM. It's called "Missing spline", and it's by Rob. Open it for edit. Change the KUID from <kuid:523:1124> to <kuid2:523:1124:1>, and remove the whole privileges container (containing the line "permit-listing 0") Then install that asset as if it were a new asset - e.g. drag the folder from windows explorer back onto the CM interface. Once it's installed, revert the original one (you can't commit changes to it as it's a built-in asset). Result: The dashed white lines now show up in the menu, and can be selected just like any other track spline. You could lay some down if you wanted. More to the point, you can now use the 'replace items' tool to change them to any track spline you have installed...

I will add this. When you install the folder, use the install content option. This will save so much time. Also don't panic when the creator is shown as AURAN. I hope this helps some one.

Notes:

<kuid2:523:1124:1> ==== Update from <kuid2:523:1124:2> to <kuid2:523:1124:3> for T:ANE. All other procedures apply.

Need to change .texture file using PEV's Images2TGA.

You can download Images2TGA here:

http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php?page=pevsoft-trainz-tools

Back