Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good sound card recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelWagner99 View Post
    I have no good ideas on this. Because I've been thinking about buying a good sound card myself for a long time. But I do not understand which sound card will be good. Let me know if you find one that is good. Thanks.
    The Realtek built in sound card is fairly good. If you read the thread a couple of audiophiles were unable to distinguish it from other sound cards in blind tests. There are different chip sets but basically the later ones are fairly good. We used to use sound cards years ago to get the sound processing off the CPU for better performance but these days it is not an issue.

Cheerio John

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
    The Realtek built in sound card is fairly good. If you read the thread a couple of audiophiles were unable to distinguish it from other sound cards in blind tests. There are different chip sets but basically the later ones are fairly good. We used to use sound cards years ago to get the sound processing off the CPU for better performance but these days it is not an issue.

Cheerio John
    I agree. Creative had gone over the top with all their changes to the hardware and drivers that cause all kinds of issues. I removed my Sound Blaster X-fi and now use the built-in Realtek circuit on my motherboard. Recently I connected my desktop PC to my digital piano to drive some MIDI software and capture the audio on my professional concert-quality Roland LX-17. The previous setup used a Creative Labs based setup and their constant software updates, and changes, and bugs, caused me nothing but trouble. The Realtek works better and I think the sound is better.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592