Anyone else having an issue with signalling?

Prince271088

Ok so I am a little bit annoyed here and hope it's not just me.

I am currently creating a route using UK signalling (specifically the dorman signals and the feather and theatre attachments) like I have done for many years, but this time I have encountered an issue. When I load, or re-load a route (e.g. go from Surveyor to Driver or vice versa) the route indication (feathers and theatres) data doesn't load. Instead I just get a bunch of normal signals. In all the years I've used these signals this is the first time I have encountered this and I am wondering if I am the only one?

For the sake of relevance, yes I have correctly placed the route inidication. I load it in surveyor, but when I switch to driver it's gone. If I load the stuff into surveyor, close the route and come back it will also be gone. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Am unable to answer your question as I have never used them.

Why and for what purpose are the Feathers & Theaters use?

Hi Jack,

Feathers on signals in the UK are the pointed arms you see coming off the top of a signal with 4 white lights, used for signals that protect junctions. Theatre boxes do the same job but instead of the will have a one or two character alphanumeric display and appear as a box at the top of the signal.

Feathers and Theatres (not sure if they use that name here or not) are used here in NSW as well. The feathers point left or right to indicate the diverging direction at a set of points while Theatres, as Prince pointed out, use a letter for the same thing (e.g. S = Siding, M = Main, etc).

Ok so I am a little bit annoyed here and hope it's not just me.

I am currently creating a route using UK signalling (specifically the dorman signals and the feather and theatre attachments) like I have done for many years, but this time I have encountered an issue. When I load, or re-load a route (e.g. go from Surveyor to Driver or vice versa) the route indication (feathers and theatres) data doesn't load. Instead I just get a bunch of normal signals. In all the years I've used these signals this is the first time I have encountered this and I am wondering if I am the only one?

For the sake of relevance, yes I have correctly placed the route inidication. I load it in surveyor, but when I switch to driver it's gone. If I load the stuff into surveyor, close the route and come back it will also be gone. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Try clicking on the affected signals in surveyor using "?" and in the pop up box click on "Update Now"(even if its already showing Route indication by threatre / feather) and click the tick to close the box .

Try clicking on the affected signals in surveyor using "?" and in the pop up box click on "Update Now"(even if its already showing Route indication by threatre / feather) and click the tick to close the box .

Hi Nexus,

Yeah I'd done that and it just wasn't having any of it. But it seems to have sorted itself now though.

Ben =)

Back