Signals - Appropriate For USA Route?

boleyd

I must have well over 100 JR signal types and a greater number of other types catalogued on my system. I am not well-versed on signals and usually grab one and hope. Because of this I have stripped all signals from the Coal Country route and it works fine - Portals consume/create no problems (a more typical problem area). Multiple trains.

Now I want to use the PGuy timetable system that relies on his IT Enhanced Manager System. Signals are required with this scheme. So, which SIMPLE USA area signals would be best? :eek:

JR Searchlight signals and their newer variations work well.

Type 01 and 04 = Absolute signals
Type 05 = Permissive
Type 06 = Divirging signals for single to double-track, etc.
Type 08 = Interlocking signals for Wyes and crossovers.

There are related dwarfs.

Note: Be careful mixing versions and "brands". They don't interact well with each other and the signals get stuck at red. The message viewed by hovering is the signal ahead is in an unknown state.

The older Searchlight signals will also work with the plethora of signals by RRSignal, but the new ones do not. If you use the RRSignal signals, use the SL/SA series dwarfs.

This has been my experience with signals.

Hi Dick

I've had no issues using JR signals with Enhanced Interlocking Towers. When setting a path up in an EIT I make sure that the first signal is set to Automatic and not left on the default of Proceed.

Regards

Brian

"PGuy timetable system that relies on his IT Enhanced Manager System"?

Where can I learn more about this please? Used various searches but finding nothing.... I do find the IT EM rule. Is it self documented?
-edit- just saw a related post on EIT

Last edited:
Try here. Copy and paste.
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Driver_Commands_List?fbclid=IwAR2sTWTRlgZWEFEij1oTzSntHfqqxF2qcCfeP0N0KatDZwfMTcWUTOnuwts

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Enhanced_Interlocking_Tower

Last edited:
Back