VADER Signals - can anyone help get them working in TRS19?

neilsmith749

Sorry to keep posting about this problem, but maybe I'll get lucky this time. These VADER type signals are just the best things out there, but sadly, don't play nice with TRS19. When opening the properties box to set up the signals, only the column titles are there, with no fields available to adjust. I have no knowledge of scripting or whatever is involved in this problem, but would be eternally grateful if someone a lot smarter than myself could be able to get to the bottom of this.

I DO have some theories, and even some similar signals with property boxes that DO open to allow programming. I'm just not knowledgeable enough to know why some work and others don't.

I'm getting close to having the latest version of the UMR ready for release, but if I can't get these signals working, I'm not sure what I'll do. Reverting to older signals seems like a step backwards.

Anyway, I can provide more information if anyone is up to the challenge.

Thanks, in advance. (hopefully)

Originally, they were done by NorfolkSouthern37, and then redone by Justinroth. An example is kuid2:709825:100098:1.

I can go into further detail about what they should do, and what they're presently not doing. Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I see what you are talking about. They are very nice looking signals, but in Interlocking mode, there seems to be missing options in the properties box. Unfortunately, I have never touched a Trainz script file (although I am a programmer).

Have you tried Jointed Rail's Safetran Smart Signals? http://jointedrail.com/product/safetran-smart-signals/

Or are the ones on the DLS the same?

I have used the Safetran signals, but admittedly, haven't delved deep enough into them to see if they'll do what the VADER ones do - ie. programming specific aspects for specific routings.
Thanks for confirming that they don't work - at least I know I'm not totally losing my mind!

Quick update - I resent this issue to the help-desk to try to get more info about why they're not working. They've been investigating, but I'm guessing this isn't highest on their list of priorities. The best answer they could provide so far is that it's a scripting problem that TRS19 doesn't like. I'm hoping to get more info in the future.

Interesting side note - I have a couple of dwarf signals that look like they use the same kind of architecture, and they DO work - ie. the property box opens and shows correctly. I've looked at the configs of the good and the bad ones side by side, but I don't know enough about scripting to know what I'm looking for.

I'm hoping someone will see this post who knows the ins and outs of scripting.
Fingers crossed....

Back