Weak Sounds - Click Click

boleyd

Compared to real, adjacent to the tracks, videos the stuff in N3V is thin and tinny. There is little base. Everything sounds like clicks. Maybe a paranoid product manager determined that using smaller sound files would save space and imagined a cost savings. A massive locomotive backing into a string of hoppers does not sound like the N3V clicks.
But, this is a game and not a simulator. Sad....

I don't know about that. My computer sound system includes a sub woofer and with the proper volume I can rattle things on the nearby shelf pretty good in Trainz!

I don't know about that. My computer sound system includes a sub woofer and with the proper volume I can rattle things on the nearby shelf pretty good in Trainz!

LOL!

I got yelled at by the folks watching TV the other night for doing the same.

It felt and sounded good while it lasted though.

I edited some tracksounds and placed them my game, and it has fantastic sounds ... I have no idea how I did it now, as I did it several years ago

I plug my Trainz laptop into my TV system with a HDMI cable. The 4K TV system has Digital Dolby Surround Sound with sub woofers and satellite speakers. My wife constantly yells at me to turn it down, the train horns really annoy her. One night she thought a flying saucer was landing in the backyard. Trainz has so many different sounds besides the trains.

To the OP. You get what you get with what you got.

The problem is the devs over at N3V are tone death and never herd a train pass by before. Instead of commissioning sound engineers to go over to a train station or even a railway depot record train sounds for the game, they focus too much on Graphics and eye candy because its probably cheaper.

Well, the consensus is that I need to buy a new sound system. I missed that requirement on the adverts. I also need a new video card which was mentioned by N3V and understandable. A Night At The Proms sounds fine on my miserable system but N3V remains, in my view,a weak source of train sounds.

Since I am in a condominium setting, with common walls, I have to modulate the settings or I will receive a notice from the Committee For Good Taste.

Back