disappearing track

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
Is anyone else experiencing track disappearing from industries with attached track?
In the image, both platforms have lost half of their attached track but not from the same end. The little concrete blocks mark the middle of the platform. Don't know what triggered it. In other places, a few tracks have switched from un-straightened to straightened, resulting in some extreme angles through the spline joint when both sides of the joint are straightened.
TRS 2019 98592 disappearing track.jpg
Too bad this is happening in a large multiple MB route, too big to attach as an example. Have not seen it in an smaller routes. I can replace the platforms but don't know when and where it will strike again. I usually find out when the AI refuses to proceed. It kind of looks like a SMITE command was given. Is that still around?

Is anyone else experiencing track disappearing from industries with attached track?
In the image, both platforms have lost half of their attached track but not from the same end. The little concrete blocks mark the middle of the platform. Don't know what triggered it. In other places, a few tracks have switched from un-straightened to straightened, resulting in some extreme angles through the spline joint when both sides of the joint are straightened.
View attachment 1754
Too bad this is happening in a large multiple MB route, too big to attach as an example. Have not seen it in an smaller routes. I can replace the platforms but don't know when and where it will strike again. I usually find out when the AI refuses to proceed. It kind of looks like a SMITE command was given. Is that still around?

I had that happen myself and I thought it was some data corruption with the route being much, much older, and having been through multiple Trainz versions.

That route also had another "feature". What were once tracks in these locations became fixed track objects. I discovered that when I went to move points and reconnect them to nearby track but couldn't. Then while testing various surveyor tools, like scenery objects, and spline tools, I was able to delete the track.

What was interesting is if I deleted these object, I could put track back into place without any problem.

At least I'm not alone and imagining things. As near as I can guess, the route and all of its files form a database of sorts so if a glitch (route size?) causes a write to not happen or happen in the wrong place, bad things could result. No idea it that's true but how to test that hypothesis?

At least I'm not alone and imagining things. As near as I can guess, the route and all of its files form a database of sorts so if a glitch (route size?) causes a write to not happen or happen in the wrong place, bad things could result. No idea it that's true but how to test that hypothesis?

I wonder the same. I restored the route from a backup and the backup copy works fine. I would be afraid to test that, and I'm not sure how to go about doing that in the first place.

This is starting to get annoying.

I changed to another passenger enabled platform and the same thing happens. Seemingly, at random times and places, one of the 6 sections of attached track will disappear. Not on another layer, just gone. I usually find out when an AI train will not continue due to a missing piece of track.

In case the script that controls the passengers is a cause, I cloned the platform and removed all references to the script and passengers. Since bulk replace doesn't work, I obsoleted it.

Wonder if this is a caching issue? Perhaps a prebuild is needed? Developer > Run Trainz Util Command > type Prebuild in the box > OK and go and grab a coffee. That should effectively cache everything you have installed so it loads quickly / properly!

Tried that in the past but unless it does more than just pre-cache, not sure how it would stop parts of the attached track from disappearing. If the unscripted platforms still have this issue, I'll give the prebuild another try.

Back