Transferring Routes from TANE

ecco

I'm Beta testing T-2019 looking primarily at the User Interface. After some initial evaluations using installed Routes, I decided to try to transfer a few of my TANE Routes to T-2019. The two big ones started in T-2010 and have been updated to TANE. The smaller one is a pure TANE project.

When I load and "Surveyor" them, most of my buildings and trees are orange boxes. Splines for pipelines are missing. Roads like Yarnish Divided Highway are missing.

I looked in CM. Under Installed I have 22,555 Items. Of these 11,373 are Modified, Faulty; Modified, Faulty dependencies; Modified, Missing dependencies. Another 366 are Modified, Obsolete.

Does this mean I have to manually replace all "orange box" items or am I doing something wrong?

I have read posts from others who have successfully transferred Routes into T-2019, so I'm hoping that I did something wrong.

My problem may or may not have been caused by:
I made CDP files of all TANE Installed assets.
I installed the CDP files into T-2019.

If I have to delete everything and start over, OK.

I don't want to have to choose between losing all my old work and moving to T-2019.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Did you include any built-ins in that transfer? These are meant to be re-downloaded into TRS19 from the Download Station if it's not included in one of the DLC packs that's been released so far.

Shane

My import method is done in layers.

I import the route first, lock, stock and barrel, not caring about dependencies.

Once installed, I download anything from the DLS because there's usually a bunch of updates by this point.

Then once all that's done, along with the DLS downloads and installed built-ins, I then get a list of the missing dependencies.

- Highlight the unknowns in TRS19 Content Manager.
- Use view assets in a new window.
- Highlight the Kuids in the kuid-list across the top in the filter window.
- Copy the list
- Paste that list into T:ANE Content Manager Asset Kuids filter.

This will bring up the missings that are available in T:ANE.
Third-party assets are then gathered,
Built-ins are ignored as I wait for them to come down with DLC and built-in updates.

At this moment I only have two missing dependencies in my routes and neither are critical. One is a texture and the other is a grass clump and both are with a DLC route that hasn't been installed yet.

Once all this is done, I recommend running a defrag on the hard disk to clean up any opened folders and that.

You may or may not have some faulty assets. These have been most of the errors have been pretty easy to fix - usually the usual stupid stuff like .texture, incorrect text in config files, etc.

First off, thanks for all your replies.

I used the Transferring via CDP files (Easiest) option.

In TANE I made one CDP containing a Route and its Session. I did the same for two other Routes/Sessions.

I went into T-2019 Launch Window - File - Import Content Folder (individually for all three).

I went into TANE Content Manager - Installed Items. I sorted on Type. I made about 30 CDPs:
Bridge
Bldg a-a
Bldg b-b
Bldg c-c
Bldg d-d
Bldg e-h
Bldg i-m
etc.

ShaneTurner12 wrote:
Did you include any built-ins in that transfer? These are meant to be re-downloaded into TRS19 from the Download Station if it's not included in one of the DLC packs that's been released so far.

That got me thinking - and looking. Yes, I included Built-ins. It appears that most (all?) all my 2019 content that is in
red (Modified Faulty; Modified Faulty Dependencies, etc) is listed in TANE as Built-in. Ah ha.

So, that seems to be my problem. But I'm unclear on the solution. I have only used Content Manager. I have never used t
he Download Station. Actually, I've never understood the difference between Content Manager and the Download Station and the function of the Download Station.

I just went to t
he Download Station and don't have a clue as to what to do. I also don't understand what is meant by ShaneTurner12s "included in one of the DLC packs that's been released so far."

If this is related to the black popup screen I get when starting T2019, I see a bunch of Routes, Sebino
Lake and 10 parts of simc:sc297. Are the simcs the updates for the "built-ins? If not, where are the aforementioned DLC packs?

Again, thanks.

It appears that most (all?) all my 2019 content that is in red (Modified Faulty; Modified Faulty Dependencies, etc) is listed in TANE as Built-in.
For all the faulty ones, right-click and select Revert to Original. That should fix most of them.
Any remaining faulty ones are those TANE built-in assets that aren't also built-in for TRS19. You should delete these remaining faulty assets. They should then say Available for download, so you can right-click and select Download.
Any left after those two operations need individual attention - they are probably incompatible with TRS19 and will need repair, or updating to a later version.

Last edited:
That black screen is the DLC packs that are available for download. These are nothing to do with the Tane built ins Unless some have been used in the routes. Content manager if it displays installed will show you all content you have installed and any problems with them. Change installed to on download station will show all the content that is on the DLS that you can download for use in your routes. Right click on any item that has available for download and select download from the pop up menu and it will put that item on to your computer for use on your routes.
In content manager click installed and select missing dependencies. If you select all then right click and select download they will all be put on your computer for use in routes.
Download station is N3V's data location where asset creators put their assets so you can download and use them.

For all the faulty ones, right-click and select Revert to Original. That should fix most of them.
In the following, I highlighted all the red ones; Right-clicked; Selected Revert to Original. A box briefly flashes. Nothing is changed.

yErUzG4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In TANE eg the "2 car brick garage" and the "2_trk_Coal_Mine_Mod1" show as Built-in. Actually, all the red items show as built-in in TANE; Revert to Original does nothing.

From Tony's link

One method you can use is to save your content to a cdp file, or cdp files, and then import this into TRS2019. Note: cdp files should not be made larger than 500MB in size, so as to ensure that the file does not become corrupted and can be imported successfully by Trainz.
This method is recommended for transferring smaller numbers of assets, or individual assets.
To save the cdp file, follow these steps:

1. Open Trainz Content or Content Manager in your old installation of Trainz​
  2. Locate and select the asset(s) you wish to transfer​
  3. Right click and click on 'Export to CDP' (or 'Save as CDP')​
  4. Choose a location you’ll remember to save them to, then give the cdp file a name and click on 'Save'​
You can save multiple assets to the same cdp file. To do so, hold the CTRL key and left click on each asset, then follow steps 3 and 4 above.
To import the cdp files, follow these steps:

1. Open TRS2019's Trainz Content (content manager) tool by clicking on 'Manage Content' on the Launcher​
  2. Drag and drop the 'cdp' files into the Trainz Content window​
The content will then be installed. You can import multiple cdp files at the same time.

This is what I did. Yet all the Built-ins show as Red and Revert to Original does nothing.

As a test, I went into TANE and made a CDP for just 2_trk_Coal_Mine_Mod1. I deleted the object from T2019 Installed; I imported it into T2019; 0 errors, 0 warnings; it shows as Modified, Faulty.

Last edited:
You can not move built in asset from Tane to TS19. They need to be downloaded from the DLS because textures do not transfer with the assets. Highlight and select download or look for asset versions and download the latest available.

In the following, I highlighted all the red ones; Right-clicked; Selected Revert to Original.
If you have reverted the faulty ones to original then you need to move onto the second step: Any remaining faulty ones are those TANE built-in assets that aren't also built-in for TRS19. You should delete these remaining faulty assets. They should then say Available for download, so you can right-click and select Download.

Over the past couple of days I've tried the various suggestions.

On my Tampa Port Route I still have tons of orange boxes. Content Manager shows 115 unknown assets. A little cross-checking to the TANE version shows that many of the orange boxes are buildings:
Industrial A01, A04, C01 etc. I used a lot of these buildings on this route.

Now it gets weird. If I pick a specific building in TANE for example Industrial C01. In its location in T2019 is an orange box. In The T2019 objects dropdown, there is Industrial C01. If I add it, it fits into the orange box perfectly. T2019 objects list has almost all of the Industrial... objects. Notably missing is Industrial C07.

In any case:
I deleted the Route and Session from T2019
I created new CDPs from TANE
I installed the CDPs into T2019

The problem persists.

Why is it showing as an orange box if it's in the objects list?

Last edited:
Over the past couple of days I've tried the various suggestions.

On my Tampa Port Route I still have tons of orange boxes. Content Manager shows 115 unknown assets. A little cross-checking to the TANE version shows that many of the orange boxes are buildings:
Industrial A01, A04, C01 etc. I used a lot of these buildings on this route.

Now it gets weird. If I pick a specific building in TANE for example Industrial C01. In its location in T2019 is an orange box. In The T2019 objects dropdown, there is Industrial C01. If I add it, it fits into the orange box perfectly. T2019 objects list has almost all of the Industrial... objects. Notably missing is Industrial C07.

In any case:
I deleted the Route and Session from T2019
I created new CDPs from TANE
I installed the CDPs into T2019

The problem persists.

Why is it showing as an orange box if it's in the objects list?

Did you try just making a CDP for just the Route in TANE, no assets, drag the file into the TRS19 Content Manager, then right click it and list dependencies, then download the missing assets. This worked for me, had problems if I tried to move the asset's with it in one shot, they need to be downloaded into TRS19, not moved as a CDP.

Ecco, there are a number of problems to be overcome here before any successful transfer of routes from T:ANE to TRS19 takes place.
The TRS19 install is likely to be unstable due to the faulty files which all need to be deleted - starting with a clean install DB is far more preferable, but I'll start on the basis that we're using your existing install.
- Any DLC packages which are available need to be downloaded as they can contain files necessary for other routes from T:ANE
- in TRS19 CM, delete any files which are tagged Faulty (click the button on the status column to group)
- anything which is Open for Edit revert to original
- run a database repair
- in CM, create a filter =>Installed + Out of Date + AND NOT + Obsolete. Again group by status. Those which are Installed from DLS, simply highlight them all, right click on any highlighted file and select Download. For built ins, highlight them all and select List Asset Versions, in that screen selectall Available for Download, right click on a selected file and click download and repeat for "Installed, Payware". when this has completed =>
- in CM create a filter => Installed + Obsolete + AND NOT + Built in: then delete those files resulting from the filter. It makes versioning work properly as well as cleaning up.
Your install will be fully up to date and will have all available T:ANE built ins loaded!
- run a DBR (I know it's slow but CM and loading TRS19 is so much faster afterwards)
To transfer a route into TRS19, I ALWAYS find the route file in T:ANE CM, create a cdp of just the route file, right click on route in CM and List Dependencies, in the new window, select all MODIFIED assets and make a cdp of those. Close all T:ANE windows, Open TRS19 CM and drag and drop first the route cdp then the modifieds cdp and allow to install. Locate the route in CM right click on it and select download and all of the DLS assets will be installed. Some files may not have transferred, but these can be easily locted in T:ANE CM and sent to a cdp for install. Find the route file in TRS19 CM, right click on it and select download. Now you are ready to open the route.
Observations: If the route shows as faulty after transfer, it's usually because of an easily removed obsolete tag in the config.
Regularly check for Open for Ediit and Out Of Date files
The new main menu hates faulty loco's and rolling stock and can slow loading to a crawl, if you do have any faulties that you can't bear to delete then disable them until a fix or update is available.
This is the method I have used on 14 routes I have modified in T:ANE and works every time.
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Industrial C01 is a built in asset in Tane and can not be copied over to TS19 because the texture files will be missing. Texture files are different in TS19 and has been mentioned many times you can only get Tane built in assets from the DLS because they have been updated for TS19 version. Do not transfer built in assets.

Many thanks for all your replies and suggestions. I'm still muddling through and using your suggestions, making progress.

Back