Named Object Library

Frimbo

I have the following faulty KUID:

Named Objects Library (SP2 and later) kuid2:61392:4053:3

I have tried redownloading it and have tried earlier versions, but it persists as faulty. This makes all the Bidye Traction Railroad session faulty in addition to all the sessions for the Shortz and Kerl Traction Railroad.

I have SP2, but because I run Mac Sierra, I cannot as yet patch with HF1. The solution posted in the HF1 thread is not available to me since I don't have another Mac running a different OS.

Any help finding a non faulty version of this kuid would be appreciated!

I have the following faulty KUID:

Named Objects Library (SP2 and later) kuid2:61392:4053:3

I have tried redownloading it and have tried earlier versions, but it persists as faulty. This makes all the Bidye Traction Railroad session faulty in addition to all the sessions for the Shortz and Kerl Traction Railroad.

I have SP2, but because I run Mac Sierra, I cannot as yet patch with HF1. The solution posted in the HF1 thread is not available to me since I don't have another Mac running a different OS.

Any help finding a non faulty version of this kuid would be appreciated!

Hi Frimbo.

Named Objects Library (SP2 and later) kuid2:61392:4053:3 has been developped and debugged under SP2 HF1. It has not been tested under SP2 only that I no longer uses, but I don't see any reason why the script would not work under SP2 only without HF1. If you could send me by PM or by email a copy of the detailed errors message you get, I will have a look to your problem.

There might be a bypass : the only reason I see why your builtin Bidye Traction Railroad session uses the named objects library is that you have updated the DriveToTrackMarkList (SP2 and later) driver command to its last version <kuid2:61392:1050:13> which now uses this library ; if you delete this <kuid2:61392:1050:13> version and reloads the <kuid2:61392:1050:10> previous version available on DLS, you should have no longer any Named Objects Library dependency, which should enable to bypass the problem. I am still interested in a copy of your detailed error messages to understand why you have an error under SP2 without HF1 ...

Regards.
Pierre.

Last edited:
Hi.

After looking in more details to the problem reported by Frimbo, I have discovered that there has been some slight enhancements brought by N3V in SP2 HF1 script API that were not available in initial SP2 version, and using these last SP2 HF1 API enhancements, scripters may write some updated scripts not compatible with initial SP2 Tane version, though they are both with build 4.5 api reference level ...

Trainzers still under initial SP2 version (without HF1) should not update any of my scripted assets uploaded to DLS after 2017 November 20th as they may use these new SP2 HF1 API and be not compatible with their initial SP2 version. Upgrading to latest public SP2 HF1 version is required to take benefits of the DLS updates uploaded since 2017 November 20th.

Regards.
Pierre.

Here are the errors I'm seeing in 88364. I've been able to backdate the Quick Portal Manager to version :40 which seems to be working now. I am slowly working my way back through the rest.

Edit: After spending some time downloading stuff and deleting stuff I've managed to eliminate all the errors. Now to go through all the routes and sessions to see how many of them I've broken.

Edit some more:

As near as I can tell backdating and deleting has not caused any issues with any routes or sessions. I'm not sure if this directly applies to the OP.

Last edited:
It might be reasonable for me to download a fresh copy of TANE to get the HF1 update so that the routes I purchased after Nov 20th are fully functional - also, Rollins Pass does not work for me despite having a clean install so hopefully that will run with HF1 as well.

What is the best way to have two copies of TANE loaded on one computer? Is there any way to have them work with the same assets or do I need separate copies of all the assets?

You really need a separate asset folder, AKA local folder, for each instance of the game as well as separate installation folders. If you are running out of HD space on your primary drive it is worth the effort to relocate these folders to other drives. So far as I know the only route that has been released in HF1 format is Rollins Pass. I expect other will be surfacing soon but I have no idea how to determine if a specific build 4.5 route is or is not HF1.

Last edited:
Back