Queensland content

Has anyone created or know of a QR IMU 160 that is usable in trainz?
Interurban_multiple_unit_(Queensland_Rail)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interurban_multiple_unit_(Queensland_Rail)#/media/File:IMU_184.jpg

Wow I know the term EMU, DMU but I never though that both terms IMU and SMU exists ! Anyway it doesn't exists yet for Trainz, you can look on the DLS for other EMU of Queensland

There is no QR 160/260 class in Trainz yet as far as I know, although as I understand it there were several people working on them a while ago, but I haven't heard anything new on that since, so I can only assume the projects have folded (which is sad as the 160/260 class is very similar to the Transperth B series EMUs which would be useful for me too). Either way, as far as I know, there is no current Trainz version for them.

Wow I know the term EMU, DMU but I never though that both terms IMU and SMU exists ! Anyway it doesn't exists yet for Trainz, you can look on the DLS for other EMU of Queensland

From what I understand the terms 'SMU' and 'IMU' are simply terms used by the Queensland Railways (QR) to differentiate those cars from their earlier EMU stock and from what I can gather are terms not used anywhere else, even in Australia (I believe SMU stands for 'Suburban Multiple Unit', and IMU 'Interurban Multiple Unit', the difference being the IMU stock is meant for slightly longer distances and thus has toilets on board, what in other countries would be called 'Intercity' trains). Either way, the earlier QR sets were simply called EMUs, so this is a way of differentiating the newer trains from the older stock.

Last edited:
Yes I've seen that one, QR IMU the one before the QR IMU 160. Looks pretty good but really suprised no one has officially made or released the QR IMU 160

Back