Driver toolbar

nfitzsimmons

I've been creating some new sessions, and noticed an oddity in Driver. The Views button at the right end of the top toolbar keeps moving around! I started a session in Driver, and the View button was located at the left end of the button group. An hour later I started a new session in Driver and now the View icon was immediately to the left of the Screenshot button. Tried another session and it was back in its original location.

Sort of like the wandering mole on King John's face in Robin Hood - Men in Tights.

Anyone else seeing this?

TANE has always done that. At one stage in the beta there were multiple icons duplicating some of the functions. It's the least of our worries at present and will probably never be fixed, among a dozen other quirks.

Cheers - Trev

Hi.

The icons in the top toolbar are displayed from right to left in the order the components request an icon to be displayed at session initialisation. The fact that the order in the toolbar often changes shows only that the order of components initialisation at session initialisation is not always the same. That should not be a surprise as many components do their initialisation under their own asynchronous thread, and you cannot predict the time frame order when several asynchronous threads are simultanously launched and available for cpu dispatch ...

Regards.
Pierre.

Back