Rolling stock speed restrictions.

OldGuy

Hi guys.
I have noticed that some have raised this before with little success. I have done testing and confirmed that there is 4 wheel rolling stock that restricts the speed of the consist to a max 22mph under any condition. If I use different (ie bogie) rolling stock, the consist will follow speed and signals. Does anyone know why and/or how to, if possible, overcome it. I cannot find reference to speed in rolling stock configs. I am assuming (there's that word) it could be a part of the Trainz build.
Does anybody really know what time it is? :confused:

See if the tag *max-permitted-speed* is in the config under extensions, it's possible that the creator limited the max speed based on the prototype, also which 2 axle Rollingstock.. is it Aussie or UK? if it's Aussie BG then it should be 45mph/72kmph, if it's NSW I'm pretty sure it's the same as Vic and SA.

Cheers.

Thank you Azervich. The only common MaxSpeed to these is in the default wagon which is set to 0.
I did try it and it did not change. I went back to see if could work on it some more and I found the bug. If the consist started from a siding, it would only achieve 22mph. If it started from the main line, it would do the limit. Sounds crazy but I tested it about 10 times. I could change it by changing the initial junction directions. On one way it went slow, the other went OK. I will raise this with a bug report. Thanks again.

Thank you Azervich. The only common MaxSpeed to these is in the default wagon which is set to 0.
I did try it and it did not change. I went back to see if could work on it some more and I found the bug. If the consist started from a siding, it would only achieve 22mph. If it started from the main line, it would do the limit. Sounds crazy but I tested it about 10 times. I could change it by changing the initial junction directions. On one way it went slow, the other went OK. I will raise this with a bug report. Thanks again.

Ensure you have a mainline speed limit sign on your yard lead facing towards the mainline, or at least somewhere close to the yard exit on the mainline. The AI drivers will then speed up to mainline speeds once they pass completely by the speed limit sign. If they exit the yard and there is no mainline speed limit sign nearby, they will continue to drive at their slow yard speed until some point that they find a mainline speed limit.

The other issue is signals. If the AI trains are exiting from the yard under caution, then they will move at 1/2 the mainline speed maximum. Ensure that all junctions ahead of this driver/consist are set for that direction.

If you can set these two conditions up, you'll have good luck with your AI drivers and yards.

Back