Interlocking tower Error Id not understood.

azurerail

Hello.

I have begun learning the ropes for interlocking towers and theirs a vast resource of info thats great learning material, but a blasted Error in the main "Paths" interface i dont understand. It is highly probable that the issue is resolved in another thread, i just cant find it? Below is a description of my issue.

In the Edit property's of the "Interlocking tower", My path is highlighted in red with explanation "Object is missing from route or session". What is this missing object?

Thanks for helping out.

Hello.

I have begun learning the ropes for interlocking towers and theirs a vast resource of info thats great learning material, but a blasted Error in the main "Paths" interface i dont understand. It is highly probable that the issue is resolved in another thread, i just cant find it? Below is a description of my issue.

In the Edit property's of the "Interlocking tower", My path is highlighted in red with explanation "Object is missing from route or session". What is this missing object?

Thanks for helping out.

Have you by any chance removed a signal or junction from anywhere in the path after setting up the path in the tower? Usually once you create your paths any change whatsoever to the track or signals themselves will result in this error since the IT does not automatically update its information when something is modified or deleted.

--Lamont

If you edit the path that is showing red, you should see the point where the issue arises. If I recall, you'll have the option to remove the missing signal / junction.

Have you by any chance removed a signal or junction from anywhere in the path after setting up the path in the tower? Usually once you create your paths any change whatsoever to the track or signals themselves will result in this error since the IT does not automatically update its information when something is modified or deleted.

--Lamont

I have been merging routes that i had previously signaled. Perhaps setting up an IT after a map with a pre signaled track is merged cannot work?.

Hi.

Merging routes previously signaled may have created some duplicated names (with two signal or junction or crossing objects from route A and route B with the same name) and ITs, like many trainz components, do not like at all duplicate names. ITs retrieve its object list by name, and if there are duplicate names, IT may retrieve the wrong object which is not on the correct path ... and this will be displayed as an it object list error ... This problem that may happen in Tane SP1 will no longer occur with Tane SP2, as in Tane SP2 IT path objects are retrieved using the new GameObjectID reference introduced by SP2 and no longer by names.

May I suggest that you look at your path in error to check that all its path objects do not have any duplicates. You can check duplicate names by looking in the main menu "Find object" ; if there are duplicate names, the name will appear twice or more. If it is the case rename one of the duplicated named objects so that there is no longer any duplicate name. If you rename one of the path object, you will need to edit the path, supress the old name in the path object list and validate the new name object in the list ... You can also supress the path and recreate it starting at the entry signal.

Regards.
Pierre.

Hi.

Merging routes previously signaled may have created some duplicated names (with two signal or junction or crossing objects from route A and route B with the same name) and ITs, like many trainz components, do not like at all duplicate names. ITs retrieve its object list by name, and if there are duplicate names, IT may retrieve the wrong object which is not on the correct path ... and this will be displayed as an it object list error ... This problem that may happen in Tane SP1 will no longer occur with Tane SP2, as in Tane SP2 IT path objects are retrieved using the new GameObjectID reference introduced by SP2 and no longer by names.

May I suggest that you look at your path in error to check that all its path objects do not have any duplicates. You can check duplicate names by looking in the main menu "Find object" ; if there are duplicate names, the name will appear twice or more. If it is the case rename one of the duplicated named objects so that there is no longer any duplicate name. If you rename one of the path object, you will need to edit the path, supress the old name in the path object list and validate the new name object in the list ... You can also supress the path and recreate it starting at the entry signal.

Regards.
Pierre.

I have encountered this several times in recent routes, which were not merged. In one case it appeared to duplicate junction numbers when some track was in the session layer and some in the route layer. In another case it involved a large route imported from Trainz 2012. In any case I had to do a "find" using the word "junction" and then scroll through the (very long) list looking for duplicates. Whenever possible I renamed the junction that was not already part of an IT path, usually adding letters to the junction names to avoid inadvertantly creating even more duplicates. In my case this took well over an hour on a large route but did fix the problem.

Which does make one wonder how T:ANE checks for duplicates when automatically assigning new junction names. Does it check all layers when doing so?

Perhaps a "find duplicate junction names" command would be a useful addition to a future version of T:ANE, especially since in neither of the above cases was a merged route involved. In any event hopefully the new SP2 IT method will prevent new occurrences of this problem.

--Lamont

Hi.

Regards.
Pierre.

Thanks for that info. I have done what you suggested and i ended up discovering a Random Signal that shows up on the mini map, but not ground view, nor can i delete this ghostly signal. Oddly i cannot modifie, move or interact with this signal at all?
I then had a look at layers to see if i could merge them and get at this signal, no go. Then i cloned my route and reloaded it and deleted the baseboard associated with this ghostly signal and it worked LOL, naughty signal, i showed it.

I think i have discovered a bug of sorts, what do you think? anyhow i proceeded to re-signal the entire route (Lucky its a new route) taking some of your theory as i reworked it and it works just fine, though, i still have that signal underground so i have to not use its number and the I.T seems to work fine and dandy.

Regards, Jared.

Back