How many layouts/routes are you building?

On a lesser note I am musing on whether to be more open whether my efforts over the sea are worth it or if there is a wide interest in that rail project. One Trainzer who lives over there has a copy as he lives in NI and hope to meet him when I get the chance to be over. On top of that I on more than one occasion sailed over and flew over to suss out the thing too and doubt very much of that mindset around! So although I got a bit ambitious with a big extension south wondered if I was being like Caesar and too ambitious. So now after some niggly occasional health issues muscling in I a now trying to get back to the focus. If had just stuck with the NIR then it would have been up on the DLS but have extended well beyond that with 2 lines on the IR network and includes an important main line.

So like King Robert the Bruce who hid in a cave (Irish one) watching spiders when things were negative build maybe I could learn from him?...............:confused:

I am passingly curious on whether there is any interest in a modern rail situ re Ireland? If there isn't as a strong Glaswegian I will punish myself by a weekend in Edinburgh.
:'(

I am working on several, assisting with an Update of the Rollins Pass Route first released in 2004 and updated in 2006 by Jango (GianFrnaco Messaggi) from TrainzItala which we have works to update fully for TANE for the winter version, set in 1910 with a complete historic update of the landscape, towns, and faciliteis of all kinds and a 160 accurate historic Stock Pack with drive sessions and a full set of PDF background documents and maps, and also another update of a route of the Gilpin Tramway a NG line that ran between Blackhawk and Central City in Colorado in the early 1900s first created by Mark in 2004 with a large number of models by Shortline2, (Linda Irene Tingvik) ..a small team is working to update it and add authentic rolling stock, and complete the route.

Working with TANE and Trainz for this work has been a challenge but with careful work and good research good work is possible.

Rollins Pass Winter 1910 by Jango

EgYz8Y.jpg

Tolland DNWP Yard and Town at Sunrise, Rollins Pass January 1910
Route by Jango, Structures by CrisGer, Pencil42,

Screenshot by Jango

9X5qxv.jpg

Town of Fraser, January 1910, by the DNWP Depot on Main Street
Route by Jango, Structures by CrisGer, figures by CrisGer and Wayne Campbell and Elvenor, Placement by Jango
Screenshot by Jango

ZGzpSg.jpg

Tabernash DNWP Yard Coal Docks and Engine House
Locomotive Modeels by Ben Neal and Colorado71, fittings and adjustments to Locos by BobDennR
Screenshot by CrisGer

S5ZFxS.jpg

Panorama of Tolland and The Hill, Rollins Pass
Route and Scenery by Jango, custom Environment file by Jango, Structures by CrisGer
Screenshot by CrisGer

Iumyo9.jpg

Gilpin Tramway
Route by Mark, and Linda, (Shortline2)
Screenshot and updates rolling stock detailing, CrisGer

qSxP3r.jpg

Gilpin Engine House and Yard, Ore Drying Facility, Models by Linda Tingvik, (Shortline 2), custom textures CrisGer
Screenshot by CrisGer

Last edited:
Back