Why I like Trainz

Vinnie264 - I'm rather intrigued as to what errors are preventing your T:ANE from starting up. It may well be something with a simple fix.

As for TS12, I have known that kind of validation issue although it's normally only that bad if there has been a server issue or you have a lot of DLC content installed.

Shane

Vinnie264 - I'm rather intrigued as to what errors are preventing your T:ANE from starting up. It may well be something with a simple fix.

As for TS12, I have known that kind of validation issue although it's normally only that bad if there has been a server issue or you have a lot of DLC content installed.

Shane

He's got faulty content.

So vinnie cant say he likes trainz 12 but dislikes n3v because tane cant run on his current machine? Way to be elitest @5540135.

When I was a kid I had a friend who was a fireman on the steam locomotives and I used to wait at the station and my friend would let me into the cab of the 14 class that hauled the passenger train .
I jumped off at the next station and walked home. I am a steam nut and love all trains.
When I left school a did an apprenticeship on steam and became a steam fitter. I was a member of the recovery team for many years too and I was often allowed to ride with the crews in the cabs of steam , diesel and electric locomotives, and even drive them. Later when steam was phased out I did a conversion course and became a diesel/electric technician.
I like trainz because I can drive any locomotive, make up any train, dl thousands of items , make my own route and modify others like I wish, and even build my own assets should I wish to learn to do it later.
Trainz is user friendly.

WHY I LIKE TRAINZ?

Here's another that's under appreciated!!!

You can find Tony in these forums helping folks out whenever he can --- Imagine of EA's CEO on a forum, never!!!

Ish

If you won the lottery for $375,000,000, and the Gubbermint took 1/2 of it, you would have $187,500,000 after tax's ... if you gave N3V $5,000,000 ... You would still have $182,500,000 to buy 2 houses, one in Australia, and one in the US ... What could N3V do with $5,000,000 ... if they used it just for Trainz, and hiring professional video game designer employees ?

(Well ... First I need to win the lottery) :cool:

My 2 cents

I have been using rail sims since MS Train Simulator and the original Trainz and have TS 2017, Run8, and Open Rails. I have recently acquired Trainz Model RailRoad 2017......I think the third party support such as Jointed Rails or RRMods is exceptional, the detail blows me away............but what has changed my mind to something really positive from my frustration factor of non working signals with the original Trainz...(Block operations) What a pleasant surprise with TMRR.... I have run multi unit trains using the installed signals on the Brazemore route and have fallen in love with the fact that they work so well...........customizing and super detailing is so easy with this product although I am not happy that you can not use Surveyor on pay routes I am still able to add some really good detail to the current layouts.

http://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=25688
http://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=25834
http://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=25837
http://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=25790
http://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=25775

I am also impressed with the sound FX and the volume of quality freeware, especially the "weathered" locos and rolling stock pieces..........my one major gripe is that the buildings (colors/textures) ae mostly not up to par with the realism of the equipment but hopefully that will change

Hats off to the Brazemore route.............absolutely great fun !

Last edited:
If you won the lottery for $375,000,000, and the Gubbermint took 1/2 of it, you would have $187,500,000 after tax's ... if you gave N3V $5,000,000 ... You would still have $182,500,000 to buy 2 houses, one in Australia, and one in the US ... What could N3V do with $5,000,000 ... if they used it just for Trainz, and hiring professional video game designer employees ?

(Well ... First I need to win the lottery) :cool:

Cas, if I win the lottery the last thing I'll be thinking about is trainz ... in fact, no pc for a very long time, since traveling around the world would take a few years! :)

Ish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf22bddvLnc

I liked it so much I bought the company

With all that money, I wouldn't need to travel, I could just make DEM's, and go there anytime I wanted

Traveling is highly over rated ... It just makes catching and spreading sickness country/worldwide easier

Let's go visit the relatives in China, and give them our influenza, and bring back some of their dreaded disease, from way across the world

I never got so sick, as when I came home from a Royal Caribbean cruise to Jamaica and Haiti, absolutely filthy water ... the beach water we were swimming in was being polluted by the bilge water being pumped out of the ship ... so we were swimming in 87 degree OPP (other peoples puppies)

The islanders never even heard of sewage treatment facilities, or a shower, soap, and deodorant

Last edited:
Traveling is highly over rated ...

Taking my grandson to the Whitewater Valley's Polar Express this Christmas ... wonderful.

Riding in the dome car on the Arkansas & Missouri excursion trip ... a real pleasure.

Going up the West Virginia mountains in a train pulled by Shay steamers, and seeing the rare BL2 diesel, too ... unique.

Sharing a cozy seat with a beautiful young lady on Amtrak's Southwest Chief ... delightful.

Travel is one of the great joys of life, especially if you're a rail fan. Virtual doesn't replace the real thing.

Last edited:
I'm with Ish on the travelling. Can't get enough. So much to see, so little time.

I wish I had the money to do more of it. Sadly my days of storm chasing are over.

Storm chasing trips for most people are all about the storms, but for me it's the whole experience including rail fanning. A storm chase has brought me to Oklahoma City, for example, with trips up and down all the way to Montana and as far south as the Mexican border. While on these trips, I would be on the lookout for trains of course and would see those countless mile-long container trains along the Strafford Sub in Texas, as well as, numerous granger branches which contrast from the busy mainlines with their small Alco S2s, ancient Baldwin diesels, and rusty Geeps as opposed to the big ES44's SD70s, and other GEVOs on the busy mainlines.

The freights on the mainlines such as the Strafford Sub, are stacked up one after another all stacked up behind each other in both directions, With the highway paralleling the tracks, you can see the signals flip from red to green, green to red as these fast moving freights pass the interlockings, which made the line look as busy as any model railroad could be.

Then there's the Powder River Basin with the empty coal trains stacked up in the yard with the mainline east full of moving coal trains. Even with the slowdown in coal business due to the boom in natural gas, the Powder River Basin is still busy. These coal trains move out of there at 50-60 mph, which is unbelievably fast and much faster than any freight we have back here in Pan Am territory where we might see 40 mph on the commuter lines.

This year we were station out of Denver, and headed up to the Black Hills in South Dakota. There were many, many coal trains in and around Orin Jct. in Converse, WY as well as oil trains, container manifests, and general freight. During the second week, we were down in La Junta, Pueblo, and Trinidad CO where the BNSF and UP were pretty busy as well. This didn't count of course the hotel where we stayed in Denver, which is located next to the new A-line to the airport. I went out on a slow morning to watch the new Comet trainsets, similar to those used by SEPTA, On more than one occasion, I also saw some UP freights on the nearby freight line which runs parallel to the A-line on the same ROW.

I like the Trainz because you can do more with it and it's a good alternative for those who can't afford and/or have the space for model trains.

Back