Missing a .tga file for kuid:96914:990025 (vulcan cabin shell) Need help Please.

steamdog1234

I installed one of bdaneals addons and it game me the error saying: - VE40: Unable to load primary texture 'dummy.tga' for texture file 'dummy.texture.txt'.Basically the dummy.tga file is missing so the dummy.texture.txt file won't load causing the asset to be faulty. How do i fix this?

You don't indicate if this is TS12 or T:ANE. If it's TS12 then try a database repair, because it is built-in and should be error-free. If it's T:ANE then the asset won't work if you transferred it from TS12. If it's T:ANE and it's downloaded from the original site, then open for editing in explorer, copy any .TGA file, and rename it to 'dummy.tga'.

What I do is to fix the asset in TS12, then import it into Tane. Pev's Images2Tga program should fix your problem.
Cheers,
Mike

I installed one of bdaneals addons and it game me the error saying: - VE40: Unable to load primary texture 'dummy.tga' for texture file 'dummy.texture.txt'.Basically the dummy.tga file is missing so the dummy.texture.txt file won't load causing the asset to be faulty. How do i fix this?

Step 1 open asset for editing
Step 2 Rename dummy.texture.txt to dummytexture1.txt
Step 3 Commit into game..

If you then have no errors open for edit again and delete the dummytexture1.txt file.. its not needed.

If you get an error like "IM mesh cannot find dummy.texture" you need to make a little image called what ever the file name is in the first line of dummy.texture.txt.

I suggest a dark gray image with a few black pixels in it, say 16x16 pixels in size. Size must be a power of 2. Put it in same folder as dummy.texture.txt.

With a bit of luck you will have a working asset.

Back