VE40 Error on VMD GP40-2.

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
I was scrolling through my giant .cdp database on my computer's hard drive and found a VMD GP40-2. Since it had never been put on Trainz, I thought "Well, lets do just that," and imported it into Trainz. After installing a missing asset, I got a VE40 error: Unable to load primary image 'mesh_body/bogey.tga' for texture file 'mesh_body/bogey.texture.txt," I know that the bogey texture couldn't be loaded, but I didn't know what image was the bogey texture in the mesh_body folder, or if it was missing. Can someone help?

Hopefully I am not missing the obvious, but in your asset should be a folder called mesh_body and inside the mesh_body folder is a file named bogey.texture.txt. If you open the file named bogey.texture.txt, it will refer to a file named bogey.tga, which should be in the same folder. It sounds like either the file bogey.tga is not in the same folder, or it may be corrupted. If it is in the folder, try opening it with a graphics program like irfanview.

It doesn't look like the file "bogey.tga" is in any folder of the GP40-2. Is there anything else I should try?

It doesn't look like the file "bogey.tga" is in any folder of the GP40-2. Is there anything else I should try?

Delete the bogey.texture.txt file.

This was way too common in the old days. The texture somehow was never exported and only the .texture.txt file got included with the Trainz asset. For some textures, such as plain colors, or common ones, you can grab the same texture from another model and put it in the faulty one, but in this case it may not work due to the specificity of this texture.

Back