Some routes not opening?

SuperSpeedMaglev

Wonderfully Old Fashioned
All of a sudden, the ECML fails to load, all the stuff comes up, but usually after all the icons on the toolbar at the top of loaded, so will the route. This has also happened on the Amtrak Acela route, I fear Mojave will be the same...
Oddly enough, these routes seem to open fine with surveyor..

I'm using TS12 Build 61388.
I've been downloading a route.
Do I just need patience?

Last edited:
If you're downloading a heap of stuff into Content Manager, your computer is probably just struggling. Leave it be

For how long? Hawes Junction(Demo) used to open like that, now it takes forever, it's alright, I totally didn't plan to drive trains at all. This all started when downloading
Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway route.

Last edited:
How much disk space do you have?

When was the last time you defragged your hard drive?

Both of these issues can cause terrible performance.

If this is TS12, there's a possibility the program is validating data, and that can cause routes not to open up immediately and the screen to white over as though it has hung.

John

Recently Defragged, didn't help. I opened a route, all the way from 11:00 to 11:26, not responding yet..

Last edited:
I used to enjoy Trainz, this has ruined it for me, I can't have a run down the ECML...
I can't enjoy myself like I used to on Hawes Junction :(

I should never of downloaded that Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway route, it's to blame for this :(:n::confused::'(

I used to enjoy Trainz, this has ruined it for me, I can't have a run down the ECML...
I can't enjoy myself like I used to on Hawes Junction :(

I should never of downloaded that Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway route, it's to blame for this :(:n::confused::'(

Why that route is awesome! I just installed it the other day in T:ANE and finally got a drive in yesterday. It's well done and beautiful.

The problem you have maybe due to disk space. The route is really big and if your disk is really full, you didn't answer my other question, then that can cause Trainz not to load anything very quickly, and in general perform very poorly.

Remember disks are used for more than just holding data. The operating system needs space to build swap files, expand the page file, put temporary files when loading programs, and program need space for temporary files when loading. If there is little empty space on the hard drive then everything is fighting for the last scrap of space left like fish in a puddle. When this occurs, the performance will drop dramatically and the computer will work dismally.

If this is the case, you need to clean up your disk. For a PC you can CCleaner to remove temporary files. Just remember to exclude your Apps\Data\Local\N3V path from clean up. In addition to removing temporary files, including internet cache data, which can add up to quite a bit, you need to move downloads, music, and documents to an external backup drive.

Once that's done defrag and your computer will act totally different.

John

To simple the matter...

1.Remove unwanted programs(To free space)
2. Occasionally empty Recycle Bin(free space)
3. Occasionaly Defrag
4.Remove unwanted files(free space)

I persume, that these steps are how I'll keep Trainz running smoothly?

All pointless, no difference :':)':)'(

It seemed though, disabling TL Software(Whatever the option is) seemed to help.
The only downside is the menu's a bit stretched.

Last edited:
Does the resolution and width look ok?

MkTn5a6.jpg

Just checking it looks ok, it feels great to be back!

That's transform and lighting, and it's related to your video card. This issue is more common on older ATI (AMD) video cards.

Something must've changed somewhere to all of a sudden cause the problem.

Back