Steam Locomotive Works (SLW)

al225

Engie
Hi all.

I'm not a part of this group, but I feel really bad for them. So I decided to post a little something here.
Trainz Steam Locomotive works is a Polish site with a LOT of good pay-ware of German and Polish origin and some other stuff, including 3 different versions of the BR 52 and USATC S160 (polish version is called TR203) with some models highly scripted and/or T:ANE compatible.

However, they are in a somewhat bad financial situation. Right now, they have a -60% Easter sale to attract more customers in order to continue modelling BR 52 Reko.

salehdm_en.jpg

Link to page:
http://steamlocomotiveworks.com/index.php?route=common/home

So go check them out!

*EDIT*

From 28. 5. 2016 to 2. 6. 2016, there is a NEW 60% OFF sale!
GO GET SOME! :)

Last edited:
It's not a german site, it's polish. The Full HDM models are not compatible with TANE, the scripting used for the sound and bogey animation doesn't work in TANE. The SLW DIGITAL OLD package is a bargain with more than 100 locomotives for (currently) 18€. The locomotives of this package are usuable in TANE (some need fixes).

Peter

.... :hehe:

By the way, the current price for these fantastic full HDM modells is actually too cheap ..... It is so much fun to drive these loco's. I really love to drive the BR 55.

Last edited:
Following your link to steam locomotive works I purchased several of the packs. The site responded very quickly and I have downloaded the RAR files. My problem is how do I get them into TS12.
Any help would be much appreciated....no doubt there is a link somewhere on the forum but I could not find it.:confused:
Thanks
helian43

Hi

Try using a program such as 7-zip (free) to unpack the files and you should then be able to import the cdps into Trainz. These really are excellent models and worth every penny, particularly at these prices.

Regards

Brian

His models are some of the best European (For outside the North American and UK) Steam Engines for Trainz out there. I ordered nearly everything he had to keep his site up and I encourage those to do the same and purchase some of his engines. Yes while his engines are not what the Majority General Community Regional interest are focus at the moment which is mainly around the USA, Canada, UK, AUS, and New Zealand regions, its still worth it. :)

The U.S.A.T.C. S160 though, I would call it in "general community interest" since it is a big 'murican 2-8-0. Does anyone know of any video on these models?

Yes, TOP stuff!

I bought them ALL, 3 weeks ago.
First 1 to try out, then another one and after that the rest.
Except the Polish locs. Don't like them.

Bought them just on time, because the site will be shutdown soon.

Oh, and I have every single loc running fine in TANE!
Only some enginesounds are really terrible.
But that can be easely changed.

:)

Hi guys,
where can I find a manual for these great locos? I drive the BR52 and have problems to set it up. I play around with AI Mechanic, but even if I switch it off, I cannot fire the loco myself. Any hint where I can find information on which switch in the driver stand is for what? I don't mean keyboard shortcuts. I have that, but a gerneral introduction manual.

Thanks!

Back