Adding headlights

DominikB

Does anyone know how I would add the toggleable headlight to a locomotive that doesn't already have one? Does anyone know what the script for it would be?

Are you trying to load a DLC train?.

None of my tools work with DLC encoded products.

Got one to work, it won't save the new attachments onto the mesh it saves them as a separate mesh, how do I remedy this?

You can't save to original mesh. That contravenes copyright for the mesh.

That's why I made it create an invisible mesh with attachments in it. You have to call up the attachment mesh in the mesh-table as shown in the program help.

You can't save to original mesh. That contravenes copyright for the mesh.

That's why I made it create an invisible mesh with attachments in it. You have to call up the attachment mesh in the mesh-table as shown in the program help.

yes I saw this, will fiddle around with the code for it later!

I have made my own train tender but cant get the light to work. I have add the a.light1 point for the revers light but it just won't go. any thoughts

Yes. i have done that in the config file - engine 0 Tender 1-
If you have double-checked the spelling and capitalization of the attachment point name then the only other thing I can think is to provide a a.light0, on the theory that it needs to see that a forward light exists before it will activate a reverse light. You can bury it in the mesh if necessary. Shouldn't be needed, but worth a try.

Yes. I've double checked all the spelling, etc & I've also now tried adding the extra forward light. I've also tried making the tender into an engine to see if that helps, but nothing seems to make the light go.

Back