Traffic Signal:Old Time Acme Stop/Go Board Mechanical Traffic Signals in Trainz?

Saturnr

Steam Train Fanatic
I wondered if any one knew if there were any Acme Traffic Signals in Trainz, working would be great, but static would be wonderful too. These are the type Hollywood used with the 2 lights and the "STOP" and "GO" boards that raised up like a semaphore signal. I have this route which represents a Northern California town and a trademark piece during the steam era were the Acme signals in downtown ( train head rough downtown paralleling main road, which has lots of intersections with these lights, it then goes to the depot. Just wondered if anyone knew of any Acme traffic signals in Trainz?

Saturnr

Here are some pictures of them.
e933537fbb244c73bafc3113833edb0d.jpg

The Orange Empire Museum has one beside their line.
01069ee8208b907cbcd384f71ba79a70.jpg

Some variants even had regular or light up stop signs bellow.
bd9a7ef87f704cfc5e2140a91ff4bef0.jpg

If no one knows of any Acme styles, but does know of a rotating one or any other old mechanical traffic signal, I supposed one like this (a Wiley with rotating Stop and Go sign) would be better than a regular light up only modern version.
c5460d659a414f18aac4ec4859f0509e.jpg

I guess since myself, and it appears, no one else knows of any, I shall create some Acme Traffic Signals ( I will start with static) which will be my first thing for Trainz. Any one with knowledge, what programme would you recommend? Sketch-up, Blender, GMax, etc, (I tried GMax before and was puzzled.) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Saturnr

I've never seen these in Trainz, but I remember them from when I was a kid.

If you want to go about building them, don't use Sketchup. Your best bet is to use Blender. There's a bit of a learning curve with all 3d modeling applications, but there are plenty of tutorials available for Blender, besides there's plenty of help available here in the forums as well in the content creator's forum.

John

Back