Can a trigger behave like an industrial Track?

ish6

Since 2001
Good Morning All --

I suggested this but I guess it didn't made it through the x-ray machine suggestion box! LOL :hehe:

Maybe this can already be done, I don't know, however, I am just going to copy and paste my suggestion here -- After all, we're all here to put our thoughts out there to make trainz a better simulation.!:)

When I thought about this I was thinking in terms of adding this to a session, without modifying the track layout. We all know that if you take somebody's layout, and modify the track layout to create specific sessions, that layout / session then needs to be save under your own kuids; But if triggers behave like an industrial track then we would not need to alter the track layout, only the session when we add the triggers to it, thus keeping the original layout intact, and only modifying any creative sessions!

So, triggers behaving like industrial tracks can really benefit in creating sessions, but keeping the original layout intact, so when folks download the session, they will need the original layout from that other person, so his layout is downloaded as well!
It's about giving credit to the original layout creator in that his layout is downloaded, too! LOL

Ish

Not entirely correct. You can modify a DLS session and, provided you do not alter anything in the route layers, you can save the session with your own kuid without having to save the route as well. The route becomes a dependency of your session like any other asset you have used (but did not create).

Not sure about your suggestion re triggers acting as industrial tracks. It sounds like it could be an idea worthy of further study.

Not entirely correct. You can modify a DLS session and, provided you do not alter anything in the route layers, you can save the session with your own kuid without having to save the route as well. The route becomes a dependency of your session like any other asset you have used (but did not create).

Not sure about your suggestion re triggers acting as industrial tracks. It sounds like it could be an idea worthy of further study.

Nope, not modifying a session, but creating a session from someone's layout -- As it stands from reading the T12 manual if you alter the track the layout becomes save under your own kuids -- This is not what I want, which is why I already suggested: layouts to be merged with sessions! :wave:

Anyhow, if triggers behave like IND tracks then no alteration of the track layout is necessary, thus keeping the original layout intact ex: Subway_V's Northeast Metro (v2014A) layout -- If I create session for it, it is only fair that his layout should be downloaded as well! -- Can't be done if I alter the track layout by adding IND tracks at this moment!

Regards
Ish

I have though many times about this and how it is impossible or very hard to make complicated trackwork for an industry as it has to be on a straight or curved track. There could be a Start IND and End IND trigger.

Hi

I place a trackmark at an industry and Drive/Navigate to or through it followed by Instant Load or Instant Unload to service the vehicles. The drawback is that open hoppers empty or load all vehicles instantly but it is ideal for industries where the vehicles are all covered or where you deliver the odd vehicle or two. You can create an industry in the session layer anywhere this way.

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian

Wonder how do you control the product that loads with Instant Load? Do you use cars that only load one product or do you not care what product loads if setup for more than one.

Rob

Hi Rob

I use cars that load the product that I need by default. It's mainly coal as there are many coal mines on the routes that I use that have been assembled from different parts and aren't industry active. A consist will drop empties off at the mine and an industrial loco will take cuts of 5 or less each time to be loaded. By keeping the cuts small it isn't as noticable when they suddenly all load.

It's a quick dirty fix but it works well for what I use it for.

Regards

Brian

Thanks for the reply. Back in TS10 I cloned some boxcars and removed all products except one from the the config file so I could use Instant Load. I have seen hoppers however that only load coal.
Its nice to have all these products but I've run mixed trains on the UMR route and with Instant Load you end up with lots of cars having loads not used on the route. I pull out the ones I need and send the rest to a portal.

Rob

Back