cmp

rodbasin

cmp don't work in windows 8.1 can't download anything its total crap . worked fine XP should I buy an old xp computer to use for trainz or shold I upgrade to Trainz 12 any ideas please . I Am at the piont of giving up .
Thanks stuart.

*ponders* I'm going to speculate here, but have you set CMP to run as administrator (right click it and select run as administrator) - I don't have Win8, so I honestly can't 'walk you through it', but I wonder if this is some sort of 'permissions' thing, in that its not being 'allowed' to execute its runtime due to this ridiculous (and ineffective!) UAC rubbish Microsoft implemented from Win7 onwards.

Hello, Stuart.

I have some suggestions that are most helpful indeed and I hope they get Content Manager running better for you.

The first is exactly as Muliebuck put it - set the programme to run as Administrator. It would be advisable to do this in two places to ensure Content Manager is able to run as best it can:

1. On the Trainz desktop shortcut (Properties --> Advanced --> Run as Administrator)

2. In the Trainz installation directory, on TADDaemon.exe and TrainzUtil.exe; these programmes run validation checks and they need to do their thing before Content Manager will respond. I strongly recommend setting those two exe files to run as Administrator as well.

In addition to the above, make sure your Firewall or Anti-Virus programme is not blocking Content Manager, TrainzUtil or TADDaemon. Setting an exception in your Firewall/AV programme for the Trainz folder would be a good idea.

I hope that helps. :)

Kieran.

One other thing. Unless you have an active First Class Ticket on your account you will not be able to download anything with that version - TS12 is currently the oldest version where a First Class Ticket is not required to download content using Content Manager.

Shane

Back