How to fix this error

How do you fix this error, I need to fix it so that I can use the Unitah #51 2-6-6-2 - Texture 'engine_black.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'invis.im', material 'editing*kuid 96914 50512 uintah 51 invisible bog**invisbogey*A33F95B*material #1*m.onetex'.The engine is by Bdaneal

One way is to make a 8x8 black.tga texture with one pix of any color.
and a texture.txt file.

enlarged for clarity

Last edited:
How do you fix this error, I need to fix it so that I can use the Unitah #51 2-6-6-2 - Texture 'engine_black.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'invis.im', material 'editing*kuid 96914 50512 uintah 51 invisible bog**invisbogey*A33F95B*material #1*m.onetex'.The engine is by Bdaneal

As this is a built-in asset the error is likely occurring because it has been edited. Use Edit / Revert or Edit / Revert to Original in Content Manager to set the asset back to its original state and remove the error.

How do I make a texture.txt file? Just make a blank file with textedit? I added a black.tga file like xcrossi said, and a blank file named black.tga.texture.txt, hit submit edits, and this error happened while it was submitting. - Unable to load source texture 'hash-7c/copytempsrc176otq5j18/black.tga.convert-tex' in subst 'local'

Last edited:
How do I make a texture.txt file? Just make a blank file with textedit? I added a black.tga file like xcrossi said, and a blank file named black.tga.texture.txt, hit submit edits, and this error happened while it was submitting. - Unable to load source texture 'hash-7c/copytempsrc176otq5j18/black.tga.convert-tex' in subst 'local'

When you save your .tga file, ensure that you are saving the file without RLE compression on. Your photo-editing/paint program should have this option for saving files. I know in GIMP, you have to export (or save as, I can't remember the menu all of a sudden??), at any rate, you need to uncheck a box to not enable this by default, otherwise, you get that error.

John

Yes, I know how to edit a .tga successfully

That's good.

I also thought of something else too.

Ensure that your new .tga file is named EXACTLY the same as the original.

If the file is not the same, you can get also errors such as the one you have.

John

If the: Texture "engine_black.texture is missing" ... if the image is not present in the file, or if the image ,txt text does not point to the image ... the error will show.

You can copy a Texture "engine_black.texture" from another similar asset .. and copy paste it into the folder

Last edited:
Your problem is far more basic I fear.

In TS12 SP1 HF4 PC version this asset is a builtin. That's not a problem if you can modify it. After all the engine_black texture is a 16 x 16 bmp with uniform color and that can be fixed. However, you are not reporting that defect message.

More likely is that the texture is in an unsupported slot such as ambient, bump, refract, selfillum although I can't imagine why you would use those on an invisible object. Trainz only accepts Diffuse, Normal and Reflect images.

I can't check this out as you need to get into the mesh to see this using PEV's Mesh text viewer.

BUT in N3V's infinite wisdom the asset is locked, and so cannot be committed even if you could modify it.

Your only option is to revert so that N3V can do their magic and mask the error.

Back