Error: Unable to load indexed mesh fault

gremlin1812

G'day, I have two assets which in TS12 61388 give the errors:-
Error: Unable to load indexed mesh 'kuid2 201734 99000336 1\shop_cargo.im'
SHOP CARGO 01 <kuid2:201734:99000336:1>
Error: Unable to load indexed mesh 'kuid2 201734 99000338 1\cargo_components.im'
SHOP CARGO 02 <kuid2:201734:99000338:1>
These same assets in TS10 49933 do not have these errors. Does anyone know of a fix for these (they are both on the DLS).
Regards
Barrie

Hi Barrie,

I got the same error from the asset as well. Sorry I can't help you with this.

John

Is it worth re-downloading/re-importing said assets if they are not ones of yours? That sounds like a possible corrupt mesh to me.

Shane

Is it worth re-downloading/re-importing said assets if they are not ones of yours? That sounds like a possible corrupt mesh to me.

Shane

Hi Shane,

I just tried that and got the same problem the second time around. There's something wrong with the assets that are up on the DLS.

If that's the case, I'm going to have to have a look at the affected assets myself using my TS12 SP1 build and see what's up.

Shane

I've now had a look at the two assets. There is definitely something wrong with the two meshes, although the mesh for the first one appears fine in PEV's Mesh Viewer 2 tool (didn't have a look at the second one though using that tool).

Shane

An index mesh error is also caused by a typo in the material naming on the mesh in max, like .m.onetex could be typo'ed as .m.ontex.

Cheers.

The problem could be the number of textures.
201734:99000336:1 - 6734 polys, 1445 textures
201734:99000338:1 - 30826 polys, 1451 textures
Obviously created using sketchup.

Peter

Hey shane, think you could send them to my email? Im having issues my phones internet so at this time Im unfortunately unable to download anyyhing :(I can probably figure out why they wont work in 61388

Last edited:
Hopefully N3V are filtering out rubbish such as these. They should never reach the DLS in the first instance.

Think N3V should limit a maximum amount of textures for an asset unless it's in a mesh library, say 10 textures.

Technically you have 1 main map, 1 alpha map, 1 or 2 extra small maps like signs/writing, and a nightmode map.

Cheers.

I had the same problem, and I found out that the error was caused by a spelling error in the config.txt.

Add 3 more assets with this problem.

fire_pumper_scenery,<kuid2:78865:68366:1>
beverage_truck_scenery,<kuid2:78865:68367:1>
ford_c_city_delivery_scenery,<kuid2:78865:94577:2>

So far I've not found typos in the config.

Eliminating the .LM file and loding only the highest resolution .IM
file will load fine. Problem has to be in the LOD files of lower resolution.

-AL

Delete them and download using content manager. All working perfectly here including lod, just tested all three in TANE 84356.

sorry to bump this thread but you need to add josissobrinho's TGV Duplex in the SNCF Carmillon livery to the list as i downloaded it via the download helper on the content manager and the whole think flags up this unable to load indexed mesh error

I'm having that same issue with TrainzForge's City/Cascade car bogeys and their ALCO FAs (I have a feeling that ether the meshes are corrupted or the assets may be for TANE+ only)

sorry to bump this thread but im now having this issue with '17_5 chassis IMPERIAL Smelting Corporation Sulphuric Acid tanker w JAG' <kuid2:86627:100467:2> after performing an EDR

Back