switching engine sound files

lndshrk25

is there a tutorial on how to switch engine sounds? id like to change the sound of one engine i like with another engines sound that is very impressive to me..is it possible?

Hi ,

Go to CM , find the loco you would change the engine .
Right klick on the loco , in the next screen klick edit and go to edit in explorer.
Then you see the engine and specs .
Do the same with a loco you want the engine and specs from.

When you have the both screens next to each other select only the kuid nr. and paste into the other .

When you did that scroll down on each screen and do the same into the kuid table.

Then commit or start trainz .

I don't know if it works with build-in trainz

When you are changing Engine sounds..There are two Kuid Tables..Usually one at the beginng of con-fig file and one at the end..Must all be committed after the change or it will not work..

thankyou..my first successful engine sound transplant..bit easier than i expected..and are all changes that easy?

For the most part, I guess. I really don't play around with changing the kind of smoke the steam engine produces, but like I assumed, it might.

It means all changes are removed and the asset returns to the original state it was in when first downloaded (DLS) or installed (CDP).

#610 TEXAS & PACIFIC..

:wave:Indshrk25: The following Pic is smoke I Like: If interested PM me..
Bobcass_20140508_0008_zps0bddb19f.jpg

Back