Trying to find NG Diesels

TheRichMan

Meh-Tra
Hi, I recently got a new computer and had to re install trainz. I'm working on a fictional NG route that requires Narrow Gauge Diesel Locomotives. I remember seeing high quality GE Diesels released by someone, but I can't remember the name of them. If someone can help me find them, or have any suggestions on other locomotives, that would be great.

I think Ben Dorsey made some 3-footers - Baldwin diesels I think. Also check some of the European stock. There's a lot of small narrow gauge equipment over there including diesels.

Do you need Rusty the Narrow Gauge Diesel? Here's what that diesel looks like.

rusty.jpg

There are many very old steam locos and old time railcars, as NG was a thing of long past eras (some survive today though). There are some few NG diesels ... researching ...

12", 18", 24", 30", 36", 42" ?

Last edited:
For 36in, there isn't much I'm afraid. There are some Davenports on the DLS, a Vulcan diesel is built in, and I believe some Newfoundland Railway locos as well but I might be wrong. Check out sirgibby's Trainzone-they may be more there.
Plenty in 2ft though - there's the Welsh Highland Railway Kerr Stuart recently uploaded by Clam1952, "Vale of Ffestiniog" by TMZ06003, and the German "Feldbahn" diesels. On PTram there are some Polish "Lyd2" diesels in various gauges.
@zeldaboy: I don't think he wants Rusty.

No one wants Thomas stuff except you....
The GE's were the UN18's on USLW, I dont think they are available anymore.

whitepass made the whitepass GE units search for wpy92 and wpy94. Also what gauge are you looking for 24in 30in 36in?

The ones I made are small industrial diesels. I also made some rail motors and rail busses.

Ben

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will definitely check all of your stuff. And I hope theres a way for me to the the NG GE diesels that nikos1 talked about.

36in (3ft) gauge diesel loco's...

There's is a 36gauge D1531 Forestry Diesel loco, several 36in Devanports Diesel loco's, 36in UN15B EBT M-10 Diesel loco, several with high & low hoods, 36in Shunter Diesel loco, 36 Vulcan Diesel loco, NG36 Whitcomb Diesel loco... (all are 36in - 3ft gauge)...
Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
There's also one on the DLS called D&RGW NG Road Switcher, a reskin of the NG DL531 into a what-if paint scheme. It is for TRS 2004, however.

Last edited:
Back