A and SLT MP TS12 CAD 8.4 Layout & Session up and running

Razor01

Trainz Veteran
Hi there,

If you are interested, I have a new version of the A and SLT up on the DLS.

A session is now up and running - I'll leave it running as long as I can. Feel free to join.

If you find any errors in the route or session, please let me know so I can put them on a list for future updates.

Thanks & have fun!

Razor01

UPDATE!! I made changes to the unloading of most industries on this route to make it unload faster and it messed all unloading up by filling the industries instead of making room. I'll re-configure them and upload 8.5 in it's place. Sorry for the trouble.

Razor01

Idea: Add an obsolete-table

Hi,

I wanted to share this idea with you:

Consider adding this piece of code to that config file of your next version:
Code:
obsolete-table
{
  0                                     <kuid:547768:100002>
  1                                     <kuid:547768:100017>
  2                                     <kuid:547768:100027>
  3                                     <kuid:547768:100031>
  4                                     <kuid:547768:100034>
  5                                     <kuid:547768:100039>
}
That will obsolete all the previous versions of the route with build 3.7 (7.6sp1 to 8.4; I left out those before that for those without SP1) and as a result make those show up on the "out-of-date" list. People with those version will now automatically be notified in game that there is a new version and can download it in-game. This way the people who like your route but do not visit the forum or use CM frequently will have a bigger chance of knowing there is an update and a result maybe more people joining your MP sessions.

The code example was just for the route, but I am sure you understand how to also do this for the session.

Give it some thought :).

Hi oknotsen,

I already uploaded the next one last night, but I'll put it right now into the next one so I don't forget when I do more work on the route.

I don't know much about the config file but I'm sure I can figure it out :)

8.5 should be up on the DLS very soon as it's all approved, just not showing up yet.

Thanks for the idea - I always appreciate input to make things better.

Razor01

I don't know much about the config file but I'm sure I can figure it out :)
Let me know if you need help.

A few general steps:
- Select the asset in Content Manager (CM)
- Press ctrl-shift-E to open the asset for editing
- Open the config file in notepad
- Check if it already has an empty obsolete table; remove or adjust if so, if not put in the obsolete table
- Safe the file
- Close the explorer
- Select the asset in CM
- Press ctrl-M to commit the asset
Don't do this if you have the route open in Surveyor.

Back