Desent Big Boy Whistles?

I'm not all that impressed with the Big Boy Whistle either, but what I noticed also happened between the old SR,Frisco type Mountaini Class's between the old ones in ithe DLS, and when the Mountain Class's were introduced into TRS 2010, going by the previous copy Ihad of that, is that theiri whistle sounds were also nowhere near as good as it used to be, and now in TRS 12, the Mountain Class comes up as a dirty big Red Mark in the CMP... you can't use any Mountain Classes at all in TRS 12, it is impompatible.... so too is the SAR 520, unless you go to the DLS and or copy all lthe dependencies from TRS 2010....I've had it running in 12, but coming from TRS 10, you have to muck around fining missing dependencies....
Another thing from TRS 2010, as I found when I had TRS 2010 before, is that the SAR 900, the OB (non tarped) gondola is not compatible with TRS 12....yet the tarped version of the OB gondola is OK, and if anythin,g comes up as a 'Warning'(Gold Exclamation Mark in CMP), so somewhere between TRS 2010, and TRS 12, something has gone terribly wrong... I am looking forward to the next TRS to see if all these errors are eliminated, and that we can all go back to being able to have them all working nicely like they did in TRS 2006

Last edited:
Which Mountain class are you referring to please ??
I'm not all that impressed with the Big Boy Whistle either, but what I noticed also happened between the old SR,Frisco type Mountaini Class's between the old ones in ithe DLS, and when the Mountain Class's were introduced into TRS 2010, going by the previous copy Ihad of that, is that theiri whistle sounds were also nowhere near as good as it used to be, and now in TRS 12, the Mountain Class comes up as a dirty big Red Mark in the CMP... you can't use any Mountain Classes at all in TRS 12, it is impompatible.... so too is the SAR 520, unless you go to the DLS and or copy all lthe dependencies from TRS 2010....I've had it running in 12, but coming from TRS 10, you have to muck around fining missing dependencies....
Another thing from TRS 2010, as I found when I had TRS 2010 before, is that the SAR 900, the OB (non tarped) gondola is not compatible with TRS 12....yet the tarped version of the OB gondola is OK, and if anythin,g comes up as a 'Warning'(Gold Exclamation Mark in CMP), so somewhere between TRS 2010, and TRS 12, something has gone terribly wrong... I am looking forward to the next TRS to see if all these errors are eliminated, and that we can all go back to being able to have them all working nicely like they did in TRS 2006

Ah Yes... in particular the one that was introuduced into TRS 10EE, None of the Mountains run in TRS 12, because even if you have any in your CMP, they now come up as dirty red marks and indicate that they have faulty or missing dependencies, and even if you were to look in the CMP and try to work out what the problems are in 'Missing Dependencies' or 'Check Errors' you very soon give up and resign to just going back into TRS, go back to Surveyor, to Driver and drive what will work... put what comes up as red marks in the too hard basket, and forget about them.... None of the Mountains work in TRS 12, but yet TRS 10 that I had before I bought TRS 12, had the green and silver SR one, and straight away I noticed that the nice long whistle sound had been changed ot a much shorter one, and that is when I noticed the original one was not on it, maybe the nice long orignal one might have been faulty, and that it had to be changed, but I cannot get into the DLS to find the original one at present...so I am just going to hold off and wait for the next version of TRS in the hop that it will not be so picky on faulty dependencies like TRS 12 appears to be, and hope that I can get to use them again with the orignal long whistle sounds that it comes with in the DLS, with a user prefix that starts with something like '49'....or 47 something before the asset KUID.

It is that original whistle sound that if you hit the H key more than once, it really sustains and sounds quite impressive, but that was not with it in TRS 10, and was subsituted for a shorter different sounding one

Last edited:
@ulmer94: Thanks for the link. @silverymo99: What's up with the rant? lol But yeah I kinda know what you mean. I tried downloading a UP Frisco Mountain Type, but it was faulty. But I do have ONE Mountain Type. It's an unmarked 4-8-4 under the name of "Mountain_Type" on the DLS. Be warned the whistle doesn't hold for long, and you can't hear it in the Railyard. But it's still good!

Back