Help repairing my assets

jjslll54

Member since Nov 2001
Hi everyone,

Been awhile since I've been on. I had a request to fix my monorail stations so they would work in the current version of Trainz. I've done that and they now work, but I get a warning that says: (The texture 'black.tga' is a uniform color.) Along with several other solid colors I used at the time when I made these. That statement doesn't even make sense to me unless we are actually supposed to put say one pixel of white or grey on the black so it wouldn't be uniform. I just don't understand why that statement even comes up. Any help here would be appreciated.

On another note I still have Gmax and the Trainz Asset Creation Studio from 2004 but I would rather use 3Ds Max 2012 to create any new assets and was wondering where to find the software to convert the max file to im or whatever other format needed and is there a guide for poly count limits these days? I plan on getting back into model building on a regular basis now that I am a college student taking animation and modeling courses. I'm in my sophomore year and am taking modeling classes with 3Ds Max. I hope to post a lot more often as I get back into Trainz more. Thanks for your help.

Jack

It's a new warning for TS12 SP1. Details on how to correct it can be found in the TS12 forum or possibly in the Trainz Developer Blog.

Shane

I believe the uniform color warning/error will go away if you keep the filesize small, e.g. 4x4 pixels or less. The logic is that, going forward, if a uniform color is to be used, it's better to paint the surface directly in your modelling program rather than require a discrete texture file, which is that much more that has to be loaded into memory. As for the exporters for 3DS, they are here:

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Downloads

Good luck! :)

Back