train creating

awsomeforge

Wait, What?!
How do u people create trainz for ts12

Could somebody please state the name of the program i need to create a train for TS12

A blog isn't for asking questions......try posting in the forum>content creation support section.

Last edited:
blender, 3DS Max or gmax; any further questions should be seeked out on the forum (you could probably have found the answer to this question by just searching it.

I use 3D studio max.

Creating Locomotives and rolling stock however, is probably the hardest thing you want to start with, its not impossible to do, but don't expect dazzling results after 2 hours, because 3D programs take practice, practice, practice and lots more practice. I've been using 3D studio max for 10 years and you can see the changes I made year after year after year. You also need to learn Adobe's Photoshop as well really, or the GIMP as "textures" as they are called, are another thing you need to learn. The word "poly count" is probably a new buzz phrase for you as well.

Try this, download GMAX, create a box, then use a modifier known as edit mesh and have a play around with it. In fact, have a play around with the program, you won't break it, you'll actually learn a lot from it.

Last edited:
I use Sketchup, then import the mesh to Blender, where I map textures and add attachments. And it doesn't mater what game the mesh is for. Only the config.txt file determines what versions it is compatible with.

I use Paint.NET for creating my textures and reskinning.

If it woul;d be helpful, a video on getting a model from Sketchup to Blender, and also mapping textures and adding attachments, right to exporting, is in progress. It will be in a few parts.

@WEN: It's should HAVE, not should of.

Kieran.

Hi bud
This is easy. If I ask you, how to build a house? What will you answer? Start putting some bricks, put some cement... Bla bla bla. But that its incorrect. You need to learn nd knowow to make all thqe related before. Cause that isnt all 3d. You need to learn about config, attachment points and more. Start reading some tutorials, Phil_C from world of trainz haves some very good. After reading them, go to http://turbosquid.com and download the Gmax installer, next, search on google Trainz Asset Creation Studio and download it too. So now you have the program to make those that you call "trainzs" and many other things. But dont keep in mind that of start making trains, cause isnt easy. Start with a cube. Then a tube. Later two boxes and a tube between they. And then give it some time and lot of patiency and tries. In some months you will make good things. Good luck

Cheers
Ivan

PS if you need help, dont contact me, hehe, its a joke, i have the pm list full, i need to clean it

Back