"T:ANE - not buying it", said he näively

zatovisualworks

Veteran but blossoming
Hi
T:ANE - not buying it

C'mon, Nathan.

not_buying_trainz.jpg

• Very few of us were buying UTC. Trainz 1 and 1.X were a blessing to H0 and N layout sufferers who missed more virtual space and reality. We didn't need more. But UTC did it.
  • Scepticism and some kind of jopking arose from us when first TRS2004 was announced. But TRs2004 was a hit, a complete success and the beginning of the a New Era for early trainzers. Auranites did it. Flexibilty of use was the trend then.
  • We were delighted with T4 and then came that famous thread of the gone crashed forum: "Sunblowers and whiners". The whole planet Trainz got divided between conservative 4ers and progressive 6ers. Yes, the Content Manager became an actual application and not a joke. Another success for the Brisbane crew and really a choral work because many of us for the first time contributed to the result of this peaceful revolution.
  • Yes, nobody was going to buy TC's series. Cut-off trainzy whimseys but still many of us were tempted. Nothing new or revolutionary but collectables.
  • Ah, 9ers expected a new revolution as with T6. Just the beginning and announcement of something great to come was bought out from Brisbane. You have it and I have it. Done and collected. Another step. Not a big one, I agree.
  • Fortunately for the luck of this venture, 10ers were a lot and the franchise got a new light and hope back to the trainzy world. You yourself are a proud user.
  • Not everybody was going to buy the 2012 episode of Trainz. Even though it was short of content a new scope, its attractive was evident and appealing. Many of us were there although first thoughts were not promising.
  • And then... The future. Imperfect and blunt, unshaped and needing some servicing now but... the future for those who still think that H0 & N layouts are not but some kind of Disney's world for wealthy and unambitious train lovers. We want more and should be there too. You will, IMHO.

All Trainz software instalments have always been borne imperfect and candidates to be pack-serviced very soon... but maturity and patience (from all of us, users and producers who haven't thrown down the towel) soften scratches and blunts inside and outside the binary code of this piece of funware. BTW, Photoshop is just now 40 years old; I've sworn its developers up and loudly for its imperfections on every instalment they offer us at unoffordable prices. But blessed be it!

Nathan, I wasn't buying UTC and registering it (I didn't registered my Trainz 1.3). See me, feel me, I'm still here :p watching proudly how a few of my assets still march on in the latest step ahead of this franchise. :hehe: Maybe this is my reason to keep on hanging on over here, there and every config.txt.

My kindest regards and consideration, Nathan.

The recalling side of Alberte :wave:

Back