Yard Shunting Signals

smq1

After Transperth B-Series
Hi All,

Sorry if i have misplaced this thread.

I'm looking for a Yard Shunting signal which is the 3 aspect light and has a small light lower that lights up for shunting if the red light is showing.

sorry if people find that confusing finding it hard to explain.

There is also a video on youtube that i found with it on: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7vFjA51AjkA at 2:47

Thanks,

Sean

Hello Sean,

Probably the closest you could find to the signal you are looking for is one of the NSW colour light signals which come in 1,2 & 3 light aspects with a "little yellow" beneath it. These are used (in NSW) in circumstances where a shunting move is required past the main line signal but does not authorise passage through the whole section. From what I saw in the video it seems to work in the same method as ours do in NSW and even looks the same. Just e aware that when you place the signal on your layout it won't operate properly until you tell the signal what junction(s) to operate. The Wadalbavle layout in TRS2006 has a very good example of this type of signal in operation at the junction near the end of the scenario.

The actual indication is known variously as either a "shunt ahead" or a "calling on" although it is commonly referred to as a "little yellow" in most states of Australia.

Hope this helps,

Railwayz

Back