Wow BNSF bought out $34B

Boy Nothing Surprising Folks, ya'll may be surprised or not, but he also owns stake in UP and i beleive the NS. might be wrong about NS but i know he owns some of UP stock.

hello this makes me mad this is a great railroad and he better not destroy it does he know anything about railroads. i hope he does the right thing and keeps it great the way it is now.

hello this makes me mad this is a great railroad and he better not destroy it does he know anything about railroads. i hope he does the right thing and keeps it great the way it is now.

One man who buys a company can't single handily destroy it. BNSF hasn't been doing the greatest in the past years, however with the economy momentum BNSF's progress will only grow. I am more interested in seeing their new long term goals for the railroad.

What in the? now this is another example of how to make a bad situation worse, that is what makes me angry!:eek:

Last edited:
well they have the fastest intermodal trains going 70-80 on the transcon this is great service i whould like to see the up go 80 mph with intermodal trains it is not bnsf faulty the world has gone bad i think they are doing great with the way the world is csx is not doing that great not many auto trains up-bnsf still have them going.

:cool: Someone may think up a real name...:hehe:
I agree with Allen here.
They should return it to "Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway"
It sounds much better than the current "BNSF Railway".
Congrats to Bershire for the great grab!
I somewhat doubt we'll see any major change in the railroad itself, but it is possible.
Hopefully this group can run a railroad with at least one lick of sense.
Thank God they weren't able to merge into CN years ago.

Cheers,
Woody

It amazes me how much some of you guys have gotten stirred up over this. "OH BOO THIS GUY IS GONNA RUIN BNSF WAAAH"

Good lord it's not the end of the world. Nothing's changing as far as the way things are run- and I quote Mr. Buffet from an interview shortly after the buyout: "I saw it and I didn't want to do anything to it, in fact I wanted to just keep it the way it is"

Jeez, some of you act like this guy is the Cancer of Railroading. He just forked out 44 Billion dollars and you're expecting him to trash the company? Do some research. :eek:

I believe it will be "business as usual". Don't look for any changes in appearance and maybe subtle changes in management. BNSF works fine just the way it is, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

I believe it will be "business as usual". Don't look for any changes in appearance and maybe subtle changes in management. BNSF works fine just the way it is, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Other then the seniority system... :p

Hello All
I am a shareholder in BNSF and quite frankly I hope the takeover gets voted down. I also think a vote of no confidence should be instigated in the current board of BNSF.

Also in regards to the Berkshire share holdings in other railroads here is a quote from BNSF.
"What about Berkshire Hathaway’s interest in BNSF competitors?
Berkshire Hathaway currently owns small positions in two other railroads and will dispose of those interests well in advance of the closing of the transaction."

Regards

Phil

Not to worry. A man that can fork over 34 (44?) Billion of money he made didn't make it by screwing up.
If you must worry, worry about a posible paint scheme change or even a name change. I vote for Fiddletown and Copperopolis RR.:eek:

Back