wonky behaviour in build 105100

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
Getting some rather wonky behaviour in build 105100.
Consists stop at station but ignore unload -3:10077 commands
Consists with a drive via a trackmark -3:11209 command will instead stop and fail to continue to the the next command.
Portals -25:1264 consume but don't delete the consist resulting in a line occupied by another consist message for following consists

Granted, it's a rather large route with many AI consists driving around so perhaps the logic is being overwhelmed.
Known bugs?

Martin,

Does pressing pause key and waiting a few minutes then continuing wake up the drivers?

Are signals green and AI is sitting there on a coffee break?

Are signals red and not changing and always say no train approaching even when there's a train sitting at the signal?

If yes to all or any one of these, it's a known bug. I reported it awhile ago and it's caused by threads getting lost or timing out. The Trainz Dev team and QA Team are looking into it. When it gets fixed is sometime soon(tm). In other words who knows...

My workaround is to save the session, exit, and resume the driver session.

I can sometimes click on the driver command line and select continue schedule or stop train and continue and they will wake up, or not. Sometimes one consist blocks a whole bunch of others and if I can find and delete it, things get going again until the next time.

Sure hope they find those lost threads soon.

Just in case the physical location of the portal had anything to do with the behaviour, I moved it up the track to the next station. Moved the associated track mark so logically it would look the same to the consists that should use it.

The consists enter the portal, slowly drive to the end and than ... nothing happens! They don't disappear and the next consist can't enter the portal. Sort of ruins the whole AI effect of producing consists that follow a path through the map and then get consumed. grrrr!

Consist at the end of the portal
portal end.JPG

While waiting for them to find their lost threads, I was wondering if a work-around could be cobbled together.

Something that would mimic the consumption behaviour of a portal.
  1. A trigger which would delete whatever vehicle that touches it?
  2. A trackside object like a signal, speed sign, etc. that would delete whatever vehicle that passes it?
Does anything like this exist on the DLS?

Delete consist rule, or something like that. You apply that to a trigger or track mark (I think). I used it once an eon ago.

I've add both a Trackmark and a Trigger. Neither one has any configurable properties.
In the Edit Session rules, I found a Trigger Rule which can have various triggers assigned to it.
There is a Delete Consist command but that is applied to a specific driver's command line.

Will need some help to put this all together so that any train that passes over the trigger gets deleted.

Stop the presses!
Somewhere, sometime during my testing, the portal started to consume again. Wish I knew what happened or changed

Hello - I am having an issue with running a custom session in the ECML Kings Cross route as the the program is crashing. The logs shows I have multiple "- <NULL> ClientGeometryNode::UpdateInfluenceBufferNow> mesh was not loaded animated" errors near the end of the log. Searching the forums I saw the error mentioned regarding fan animations on locos but not crashing it. Is it possible that is the culprit? I have Build 105100. Win10 Pro 10.0.18363 Bld 18363, X570 AORUS ULTRA, AMD 7 3700X 3.59 Ghz, 31.9 GB, RTX 2080 Ti. Any thoughts on how to further troubleshoot would be appreciated. Thanks. Chris

Hello - I am having an issue with running a custom session in the ECML Kings Cross route as the the program is crashing. The logs shows I have multiple "- <NULL> ClientGeometryNode::UpdateInfluenceBufferNow> mesh was not loaded animated" errors near the end of the log. Searching the forums I saw the error mentioned regarding fan animations on locos but not crashing it. Is it possible that is the culprit? I have Build 105100. Win10 Pro 10.0.18363 Bld 18363, X570 AORUS ULTRA, AMD 7 3700X 3.59 Ghz, 31.9 GB, RTX 2080 Ti. Any thoughts on how to further troubleshoot would be appreciated. Thanks. Chris

Hi Chris,

Those don't have anything to do with the crashes. There are many other things that can cause them, however, and your system is fine and not the cause.

Back