Wide Screen LCD Monitor

My deskto platform for my work station just got upgrded to a 37" Westinghouse HDTV because I upgraded my home theater system to a 47" 1080p.

So Trainz now run on my 37" HDTV (1366X768). The video card that came with my computer is an Nvidia 7300 (I think) with 512VRAM. I'm running Trainz in 1360X768 resolution and nothing is out of proportion.

The frame rate suffers just a tad more than my lap top that runs trainz at 1280X800. But the frame rate should not be a problem at all for most users . . . cause my route is chuck full of trees and other stuff that eats frame rates. I prefer "realistic looks" at the cost of lower frame rate. All the built-in routes runs smooth as silk compared to my own route . . . but they are not super detailed like mine is, within viewing distance in driver mode.

Moving from a 4:3 19 inch to a 16:9 37" was a breathtaking experience. I thought . . . why didn't I do this sooner ??

If you have an HDTV . . . hook up your computer to that !! You'll see. BIG is BETTER . . . specially when the SOUND is hooked up to your surround sound system with sub-woofer . . . don't get me started on the LOUD train horns . . . :hehe:

TRY IT . . . . YOU'LL LIKE IT !!

OK while we are on try it you'll like it :D , try adding in a buttkicker and a track IR for full immersion. I feel bad for my neighbor, he must be wondering where all the trains are that come rolling through. :hehe:

LouP

A word of thanks to this thread I didn't need to start another, few of you blokes cover area's to problems I've recently had.

cheers!

Back