Why am I getting this on TRS22 routes? How do I fix it? Any help much appreciated

ozzmo

Trainz Member
Why-am-I-getting-this-on-TRS22-routes%3F-How-do-I-fix-it%3F.jpg

Setting Shader quality to Basic in Build 122411 TRAINZ+ is what I had to use. In the previous build of Trainz+ Standard was OK. One ponders what will happen at the next update.

Cheers, evilcrow

The actual cause is the PBR textures. PBR textures have a height-component to them that causes the textures to go over the surface of splines and in particular those splines that don't use PBR textures. PBR textures also cause the 2d-textures to "float" on the surface causing an odd effect.

As mentioned above, turning down the graphics to Basic, this used to be Standard before but the name has changed, turns off the 3d and height-components in the PBR textures and allows them to work similarly to the old 2d-textures and with them.

Hi Barry. What route is that? It looks like a old version of WeddinNSW or Southlines. If so there is a more recent version designed to run in TRS19 and TRS22.

Changing those settings worked nicely. Once again, thank you all for your help. Very much appreciated.

Hi Phil. It's Weddin 5.1 mate. Is that the latest one?
Yes, that's the latest on the DLS (I am working on an update). I tried to find the spot in your image, but could not find it during a 'flyover' along the main line. When I came back to check your image I found it is no longer showing up, so I can't narrow down my search.

As has been stated above, lowering the 'Shader Quality' setting should provide a work around, at the cost of lowering overall graphics quality. If I've done my job as a route builder properly it should not be necessary.

My current WIP is a WeddinNSW PBR makeover, which will be released 'soon' (likely as a version V5.2). The conversion to PBR should also correct the issue you have raised.

Yes, that's the latest on the DLS (I am working on an update). I tried to find the spot in your image, but could not find it during a 'flyover' along the main line. When I came back to check your image I found it is no longer showing up, so I can't narrow down my search.

As has been stated above, lowering the 'Shader Quality' setting should provide a work around, at the cost of lowering overall graphics quality. If I've done my job as a route builder properly it should not be necessary.

My current WIP is a WeddinNSW PBR makeover, which will be released 'soon' (likely as a version V5.2). The conversion to PBR should also correct the issue you have raised.
Thank you for replying Phil. It's not your route building, I was getting that issue with a lot of routes and not just one spot but pretty much all over. By changing the settings for the game it has fixed the problem. Now I can just enjoy the routes. Thanks again Phil and all the others that helped. Cheers.

Back