What's missing

Krupa

Trainz Veteran
What-%27s-missing.jpg

The dreaded unknown object has appeared on the TRS2019 start up screen.
Any ideas.

Les.

Just an idea: the famous "spinning circle" is in operation in the center of the screen, which indicates that TRS is working on something in the background, maybe trying to load some asset(s).

Comparing with my intro screen, there is nothing missing visually on Yours (except vehicle on the rails), so I have no clue what those orange rectangles really represents...

At a guess, I would say it was a fence missing in the creator's route but they did not have "show missing assets" activated and got replaced by the one behind it.

Hi,
pware - I checked in Content Manager for missing dependencies, nothing jumped out as a possible cause.

HPL - I've had the famous "spinning circle" before the missing asset symbol appeared.

JAGG - I used an invisible locomotive as it was the only to show a clear view of the missing asset.

stagecoach, JCitron - It would be interesting to know where the screenshot came from.

Thanks for your input, Les.

The shown outline is nearly identical to the existing fence that's behind it, just offset a bit.
The mesh used for "missing assets" has little, if anything, to do with the size and shape of the actual missing asset. Since it is "missing" the scene rendering process has no data on its size to work with, just its position. A missing asset that is a rock will have the same sized orange cube as a missing asset that is a skyscrapper building. A generic orange cube shape or spline line are used in place of the missing asset.

At least according to my experiences.

The mesh used for "missing assets" has little, if anything, to do with the size and shape of the actual missing asset. Since it is "missing" the scene rendering process has no data on its size to work with, just its position. A missing asset that is a rock will have the same sized orange cube as a missing asset that is a skyscrapper building. A generic orange cube shape or spline line are used in place of the missing asset.

At least according to my experiences.
Well yes, that's usually the case, in surveyor, but this is clearly not a cube, not in surveyor, and the fact that it IS exactly the dimensions of the fence that's behind it is pretty telling, I think.

Last edited:
What-%27s-missing.jpg

The dreaded unknown object has appeared on the TRS2019 start up screen.
Any ideas.

Les.
What locomotive did you have on your home screen to begin with? Was it a payware locomotive? If yes, you may have recently updated it as some kuids may have been updated or changed to a new kuid obsoleting the original kuid

Load a different locomotive, then report back!

Did some more research using different consists and locomotives all to no avail, still showing unknown asset.

what I did come up with was a different angle screenshot, see below ;-

D38 RED
D38-Red.jpg

D38 GREY
D38-GREY.jpg

List dependencies recursively in Content Manager by right-clicking on the route and choosing that item on the contextual menu. This will open a new Content Manager window.

Right-click again and choose Revert to original since this is all built-in content.

If anything is marked as modified, that can cause missing dependencies if the asset is supposed to be DLC or built-in.

Back