What happened to SAXRT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluewater

Hey all.

Does anyone know what happened to SAXRT? Ryantrain's bilevel for Metra and a few other projects have captured my interest but I cannot seem to find the site or the forums anywhere. Can I access them somewhere?

Thanks!

Nothing happened to SAXT. It is still alive (though some wish otherwise) and very much active. After 20 years of service SAXT is going no where. So for millionth time here is the link for the forum and home page
http://saxt.forumotion.com/ <----Forum
http://saxrt1.wix.com/new-page#! <----Home page

Thank God! I was hoping nothing bad happened. Sorry about asking though. I was being directed to the old domain and not the new one. Thanks!

Thank God! I was hoping nothing bad happened. Sorry about asking though. I was being directed to the old domain and not the new one. Thanks!
No problem at all. Last time I checked your a member of the SAXT Facebook Group. You could have contacted me directly through there. Your response would have immediate.

No problem at all. Last time I checked your a member of the SAXT Facebook Group. You could have contacted me directly through there. Your response would have immediate.

Like the idea of a father-son project--actually how I came to be involved with Trainz!

Hope you don't mind hearing your web pages truncate before I can read all the text. They aren't scaling either in firefox, neither up nor down. Might be the WIX.com frame asking me to start my own web page with them, but what ever--several tabs cut off the text before this laptop can show me the rest. Good bug hunting! // Frank

P.S. Native resolution is 1280 x 800

SAXRT-dot-WIX-dot-commisbehavings_zps5eef8f46.jpg~original

Yeah I'm currently working with wix to resolve this problem. It's becoming a real pain. But we'll get it taken care of.

Just wanted people to know that as of tonight, the SAXT site does require you to register to the forums to download their assets. If you click on the links, without registering, you are taken to some off the wall pages, like a page selling $80 sandals, and an Amazon books page.

Not only that, what you download is an installer that reads, "As part of the software installation, you can also get Search Protect...Install Search Protect to set my home page and default search to Trovi Search for Inter Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome, and to prevent third parties from changing my browsers home page and search settings." If you don't accept this you cannot get the download.

Frankly, I understand that hosting files for sharing costs money, but malware and browser hijackers are just not cool.

Yes, I went to the site and experienced all this for myself this evening.

That's because like everyone else, you DID NOT LET the first page time out. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT???
let me add this. You guys want the adds gone, how about support us instead of fighting us. Like everyone else, I'm sick and tired of the complaining that takes place here.

Just wanted people to know that as of tonight, the SAXT site does require you to register to the forums to download their assets. If you click on the links, without registering, you are taken to some off the wall pages, like a page selling $80 sandals, and an Amazon books page.

Not only that, what you download is an installer that reads, "As part of the software installation, you can also get Search Protect...Install Search Protect to set my home page and default search to Trovi Search for Inter Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome, and to prevent third parties from changing my browsers home page and search settings." If you don't accept this you cannot get the download.

Frankly, I understand that hosting files for sharing costs money, but malware and browser hijackers are just not cool.

I'm sorry but what did you do? I just downloaded my own content from the links, while running 3 anti virus programs and nothing was detected, all you have to do is login, click download, wait the 5 seconds with the top bar, click skip and download.

Just wanted people to know that as of tonight, the SAXT site does require you to register to the forums to download their assets.
No it does not. I tested this for another member who was having the same issue. Perhaps you should check that thread out eh? Here I'll link it for you. I know one thing is for sure, the links do work without registering.
If you click on the links, without registering, you are taken to some off the wall pages, like a page selling $80 sandals, and an Amazon books page.
Yes it does, but again this has nothing to do with registering but rather instead mediafire hosting. I have no idea when they all of the sudden began using ad-fly to bombard your PC with insane ads, but as stated before, if you click the links, wait 5 seconds, then click skip ads this will work.

That's an interesting one. I may have to test it again to see if I get a similar issue. I did not note any weird downloads like that when downloading these files on the first test run.

Why don't you try running a website like SAXT on the budget he runs it on? I understand that, but most file hosting places I have been to have a similar issue. A good rule of thumb is to not click on the ads but instead close them as fast as they come up.

We apologize for this, but this is going to happen sometimes. Please just refer to the steps given above you, and things should work right.

I cannot stress enough the importance of running an adblocker like AdBlockPlus with an Easylist subscription, and ensuring that ALL ads are blocked, even "non-intrusive" ones. Ghostery is great too, though it does break a few functions on rare occasions.

I'm going to say this. There is nothing on SAXT or it's Forums or Downloads that contains any type of virus.
All you have to do after completing your registration is click on the item you want wait 5 seconds and click the skip ads in the upper right and down load your item. If this is too much work, then I prefer that you not even try. I haven no clue why you people insist on making things 1000 times harder than what they need to be. No wonder people are leaving.

OK, I wish to apologize to SAXT and all associated with it. You were right, I didn't read everything and so I was directed where the ads directed me. Had I paid attention and read carefully, I would not have had the problems I had. I was wrong.

Jeff

OK, I wish to apologize to SAXT and all associated with it. You were right, I didn't read everything and so I was directed where the ads directed me. Had I paid attention and read carefully, I would not have had the problems I had. I was wrong.

Jeff
Hey no problem. This happens to everybody now and then. We understand you were upset about it, and had some displeasure with the experience.

amrail2000
Yeah I'm currently working with wix to resolve this problem. It's becoming a real pain. But we'll get it taken care of.​
Good enough. Post an it's fixed here and I'll take another peek! I'm subscribed (here) now. Leery of 3rd party subscriptions in general--which doesn't help clean up umpteen 'missing dependencies' I need to address soon! // F

Thanks for the warning. No small hidden insignificant click box to check off, huh? Darn shame. I was interested. // Frank

stop the ads before they even have a chance to connect to you.

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

hosts file editing is the best way. stops the ads, doesn't even waste bandwidth collecting the ad to ditch, it just won't even try =D.

haven't had an ad pop-up on mediafire downloads

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltjg3wjsbpzmgc5/noads.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back